The Apolyton Irony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I approve of this thread

I thought it would be just the same old blabbering, but I love seeing good conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
      Who is you boyfriend and why was he not standing up for his noob gf
      He's my husband now
      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

And it is not just noobs. Like in the last Iran thread where LOTM thought the US fleet would be sunk en masse in an altercation. My response to him was "did you not see the thousand other threads where I went over why this is stupid at nuaseam?"

But in reality he had never read and of my rants on the topic. I felt like a ***** when he pointed that out too. So it is not just noobs that our old timer crankiness screws over.
        Did you guys kiss and make up?

(This is somewhat serious, btw. I always make sure to point out when I'm wrong in debates, online and irl. I do this to show that I am trying to be constructive, and I do this because it helps me remember my mistake in the future.)
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Never mind guys, I take it all back. Apparently Noobs can be cranky *******s too.

Noob insubordination revealed!!!

Apparently the real issue is how we keep all thes crass noobs from abusing us older, wiser, elderly posters in the back alleys of Poly.

Did you guys kiss and make up?
          I think so, I provided him with a cursory explanation. If I remember correctly it was in the middle of one of the final Asher/LOTM flame wars so I doubt he cared.

I usually follow your advice on that too btw, even forced me to admit defeat to GePap once

He's my husband now
          Name the non-girfriend defending scum
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I love being a turtle.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

The DL stuff is a bit juvenile.

But I agree with those who point out that the OT has a relationship with the rest of the site. Apolyton's raison d'etre is to provide a place where those who share a love of the Civ games congregate.

Things are understandably a bit slow on the Civ related parts of the site just at the moment. I don't know if hits on the site overall are running a bit low but if they are then the OT is bound to feel that a bit.

It is still an attractively lively place, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                WTF is DBZ?
                I was just sniping at AAHZ's terrible, terrible taste in anime. The geriatric lizard-thing in his avatar is from an extremely low-quality Japanese cartoon known as Dragonball Z (DBZ for short). You can still see DBZ reruns saturdays on Cartoon Network (if that's available in the UK). I don't advise watching it if you have epilepsy, as it consists largely of flashing lights and constipated grunts. I've bugged AAHZ about it before; now I'm just being a jerk. Not that he isn't at some fault for liking the absolute bottom of the animation barrel...
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Never mind guys, I take it all back. Apparently Noobs can be cranky *******s too.

Noob insubordination revealed!!!

Apparently the real issue is how we keep all thes crass noobs from abusing us older, wiser, elderly posters in the back alleys of Poly.
                  Nostromo deserved it he's a newb. Newb on Newb action.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Dragonball

Baba Bula
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

AAHZ I have a question. There was a kind of old small funny witch in Dragonball. I'm not sure if she didn't fly on a ball or something. I believe she was called Baba Bula in polish translation, but I can't really find info about her?
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Our On Topic fora make noobs seem welcome too (the dance is very rarely seen outside the OTF).
                        The DL dance actually drives people away? How sensitive can one be?
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

GOOGLE PAGE RANK IS THE ALL!

Polys Decline will not stop until we are on Google's first page, and even then all is not assured, we need improvements and update to the layout of the site and its forums to make them more apealing.
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 26, 2011, 21:12.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

answer my q
                              Middle East!

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 26, 2011, 21:12.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X