Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heresson
    You were attacking me
    My dear fellow, where was I attacking you? I merely postulated the notion that there was certain silliness inherent in the concept that the quality of Civ 3/4 (itself a value-judgement) could in any way be a factor in the numerical volume of posters.

Comment

That is just so ironic, Cort Haus...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

My dear fellow, where was I attacking you? I merely postulated the notion that there was certain silliness inherent in the concept that the quality of Civ 3/4 (itself a value-judgement) could in any way be a factor in the numerical volume of posters.
        You kept claiming I am antisemitic
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

So then, why is 'Poly dying?

And it is dying. I'm not talking about the recent protest but about the steady and depressing decline of traffic over the past few years. CFC is rising. We're falling. Something is causing it.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

My personal view is that the moderation had become more lenient than it had been in previous years, I think because MtG stopped moderating and Ming couldn't really catch everything by himself (given that both of them were fairly active mods, whereas UR was not). Whatever you think of him, MtG was at least as strict as Ming.
            QFT

Comment

You kept claiming I am antisemitic
              Ah yes, there is that. Not in this thread, though. Anyway, in your be-rude-to-people-thread that got zapped you said you didn't even know who I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                I'm not talking about the recent protest but about the steady and depressing decline of traffic over the past few years. CFC is rising. We're falling. Something is causing it.
                It's Betamax vs VHS.

Comment

It's also extremely silly for the Civ-2 diehards to blame the fact that they personally don't like Civ 3 & 4 for low traffic on both on and off topic areas - as CFC's membership would indicate.

I'm relatively new to the OT compared to most here, having been an active On-Topic poster through Civ 3 and early Civ 4 days.
                  I wouldn't have considered you an OT n00b at all.

And I'm ancient, compared to some.

Comment

Ah yes, there is that. Not in this thread, though. Anyway, in your be-rude-to-people-thread that got zapped you said you didn't even know who I was.
                    because I wanted to be rude
                    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                      So then, why is 'Poly dying?

And it is dying. I'm not talking about the recent protest but about the steady and depressing decline of traffic over the past few years. CFC is rising. We're falling. Something is causing it.
                      Maybe we need better advertising. Whenever something doesn't make as much money as we planned at work, my boss says we should have advertised more (even if we spent a ton on advertising already). My boss claims to always be right so maybe we should listen to her.

Personally, I don't think my boss is ever right, but to each his own
                      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The Apolyton Irony...

Quoted for Phucking Truth.

Maybe one of our our more vocabularistically-enlightened USAians like Lorizael or Elok can explain why so many of their countrymen fail to realise the meaning of the word 'irony'. Is it because of Alanis Morissette, or is it the other way round, and she merely reflects the nation-wide understanding-gap with regard to this humble word?

When people here say "oh, the yanks never did get irony" I always defend the fact that many USAians are quite capable of using the term correctly, but I would be interested to know the percentages.
                        Don't look at me, I don't hang out with any people who misuse the term. I can only theorize that it's caused by watching DBZ, like every other bad thing in the universe.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I tried to advertise Poly at CFC, but my thread was deleted
                          Middle East!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Apolyton Irony...

Originally posted by Elok
                            Don't look at me, I don't hang out with any people who misuse the term. I can only theorize that it's caused by watching DBZ, like every other bad thing in the universe.
                            WTF is DBZ?

Comment

I tried to advertise Poly at CFC, but my thread was deleted
                              LOL
                              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                                I think the decline of Poly is due to an excess of posters creating long, whiny threads about the supposed decline of Poly. What a killjoy.
                                Beaten to it.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X