Smoking or non smoking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

You seriously expect me to click on an article on a site called TLDR?

Comment

I smoked for ~10 years. I quit on 1/1/06, though there have been a few minor lapses (special occasions such as bachelor parties).

I'm not against smoking per se, but I'm all for the regulations aimed at reducing exposure to second-hand smoke. That was true when I was a smoker.

And yeah, I've smoked other things.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

i don't smoke, except marijuana a few times a year.

Pipes is pretty cool, it's bad that you always look weird when smoking with a pipe in a bar.
        bleh

Comment

I have stopped smoking for over 3 months now...although the craving still creeps up every now and then...

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
            Never, not even once.

I felt the pain which smoking (related disease) brings all too clearly .
            asthma?
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Never, and proud to say so. I don't hate or blame smokers, it's their choice, but I do support legislation to limit smoking in certain public places. It's annoying how there are certain places where you can't help but inhale it.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I roll my smokes.

Occasionally they're spiced up, though it's more pleasant to smoke a pipe without the tobacco.

wtf is a hookah?
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

i will, on the exceptionally rare and sundry occaision, smoke a clove cigarrette or a good cigar.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Smoke. Shouldn't, already had one heart attack. Second hand smoke probably is irritating to nonsmokers, although the death stats are likely exagerrated.

Solver, given your icon, I'm surprised you don't smoke.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I've never smoked and I'm never going to try it... I can't stand being near when people smoke
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Oh yeah, some people have guessed that I'm an obsessive smoker based on my avatar

Comment

I've never smoked and never will. But I strongly disapprove of non-smoker holier-than-thou attitude, and of the public anti-smoking crusade that seems to be in fashion.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hear, hear, LS.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                              asthma?
                              Nope. To be emo, my much beloved Grandfather died when I was about 8 years old. He had smoked for most of his adult life. His doctor had told him if he didn't quit, he'd never live to see his grandchildren - he quit right then cold turkey.
                              In the end he died of lung disease, his lungs rotted by a lifetime of smoking. It was a slow and undignified death, and at least 5-10 years before his time.

I know firsthand the pain inflicted on family, I can only imagine the regret my grandfather felt about his lifetime of smoking, I bet he'd have given anything in the world to see his grandchildren grow up.

Nowadays the health risks of smoking are fully known. There is no %^#*ing excuse. Someone who smokes is not just hurting themselves - and they may well not comprehend just how much they're hurting themselves.

Comment

Sounds quite familiar. My grandfather had also been a smoker, and he managed to quit just before I turned 6 because he realized he might not even live to see me go to school otherwise. Unfortunately, he still died 8 months later - although not because of lung problems.

Nowadays the health risks of smoking are fully known. There is no %^#*ing excuse. Someone who smokes is not just hurting themselves - and they may well not comprehend just how much they're hurting themselves.

The health effects are well-known, and anyone can (and every smoker should, really) run the math on how much money is spent on that crap, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X