Teh Cell Phone & Service Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

What is so great about Apple that you have to deify them at every turn?

The complaint isn't about Apple (though there is plenty to be mad at them about, locking you into a vertically integrated system in anything they do being a chief complaint), but about the fanboys who seem to think they are some sort of Godlike company and the reason their marketshare is so low on computers is because of dastardly tricks or something. I mean, really, the iPod, the iPhone, etc, are all triumphs of style over substance... if you like style, fine. But don't yell at the rest of us because we want something else with more substance but less style.
    Do you really think all that? You accuse on_more_turn of deifying Apple. Yet you answer him by doing what? Basically, by demonizing Apple. Come on! You're lawer, for God's sake! I'm sure you can do better than that. And, please, don't try the Chewbacca defense on us.

I mean, really, the iPod, the iPhone, etc, are all triumphs of style over substance...
    I don't think you understand what style over substance means The sentence I just quoted is good example of style over substance
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

RAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chewie <3
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
        Do you really think all that? You accuse on_more_turn of deifying Apple. Yet you answer him by doing what? Basically, by demonizing Apple.
        Demonizing Apple's fans /= demonizing Apple. There is a place for stylish electronics and Apple has some 'cool' stuff in their products. But the fans treat it like God's gift, as does the company itself (all you have to do is see the Mac vs. PC ads, which tend to turn off more people than they turn on, from my anecdotal experience).

And people pay more for style. No biggie. But don't try to tell me I'm being brainwashed or whathaveyou because I use Microsoft and would rather just have a phone that focuses on making and taking calls.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
          Except that the iPhone is not a mere phone, its also a MP3 player, you can also watch movies on it, there will probably also be games. Things you'll be able to buys or download on the iTMS.
          Which is silly, since the phone has ****ing WiFi. Let me download that stuff on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Demonizing Apple's fans /= demonizing Apple. There is a place for stylish electronics and Apple has some 'cool' stuff in their products. But the fans treat it like God's gift, as does the company itself (all you have to do is see the Mac vs. PC ads, which tend to turn off more people than they turn on, from my anecdotal experience).

But don't try to tell me I'm being brainwashed or whathaveyou because I use Microsoft
            I never said that.

Its nice of you to try to "deprogram" the Apple fans, but try not using strawmen the next time
            Apple products are stylish, but they're not all about style: a lot of them are good products. For example, believe or not, iPods are good MP3 players. They're not perfect, they have their faults, but they're good players.

and would rather just have a phone that focuses on making and taking calls.
            I agree. I never saw the point of smart phones.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
            X