Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZOMFG! Roswell conspiracy exposed by deathbed confession!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC: i dont know, honestly. I dont think he really likes his name much, AFAIK. Whenever he is on the show, George Noory or Art Bell always pronounce his name "Yhan," I always called him "Dad" of course. Family and friends call him "Jan." I honestly have not seen him much in my life, maybie a total of 10 years at the most of memories that i can actually piece together. We are not that close anymore as i was raised by my Mother. As far as his name i do not really know his preference on the matter. Meh.

Hueij: That is a late night radio show on the AM dial here in the USA. im not sure if it is international or not. It deals with aliens and conspiricies and robots and crazy stuff.

piece™
    Last edited by ZEE; July 3, 2007, 19:06.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

DP
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
        No they wouldn't, after millions of years all information about the crash would have been lost, leaving them with no information about what happened in the past
        The fine folks at 'The Little Ale Inn' will never let that happen!
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          Coast To Coast AM
          Art Bell is a raving lunatic.

Comment

I fund it funny that the "UFOlogists" always describe the aliens as gray humanoids when anyone with a decent understanding of evolutionary biology can figure out that it would take an absurd degree of convergent evolution for another intelligent species to look like us.

Comment

Art Bell is a raving lunatic.

I don't think Art Bell is really crazy. Most of his guests/callers, OTOH...

I fund it funny that the "UFOlogists" always describe the aliens as gray humanoids when anyone with a decent understanding of evolutionary biology can figure out that it would take an absurd degree of convergent evolution for another intelligent species to look like us.

Little grey aliens don't look much like humans except for their bodyplan.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Odin, convergent evolution doesn't apply to aliens. Convergent evolution applies to creatures that come up with similar traits from living in a similar environment, even though they aren't closely related genetically. For example, whales and fish aren't closely related, but they separately developed similar means of propulsion through water. The same is true for insect wings and bird wings.

Aliens aren't living in a similar environment to us, so convergent evolution isn't the right phrase.

You're right that it's highly improbable, though.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I don't see what's so improbable about space travelling aliens having a bodyplan similar to humans. I also wouldn't think it improbable for alien sea creatures to have body plans similar to whales/fish.
                  Last edited by Drake Tungsten; July 4, 2007, 00:36.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Maybe we're looking at this all wrong. What if al Qaeda is actually comprised of aliens who landed in Roswell?
                    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

No, they are subterranean reptilians who have been amassing their forces for years and are now trying to take over by motivating Al Quaeda to take out the global superpowers.
                      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

There were two crash sites. It was a highly clssified test for a re-entry capsules for the old styles photo recon satilites, the type that use film. The test capsule would be lifted into the stratosphere by a high altitude weather balloon and dropped. This was apparently came down too soon and in the wrong place,. Reading the real eywittnes accounts, it is clear that there were two seperate crash sites, one for the balloon, and one for the capsule.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I think you're a space alien disinformation droid.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            I don't see what's so improbable about space travelling aliens having a bodyplan similar to humans. I also wouldn't think it improbable for alien sea creatures to have body plans similar to whales/fish.
                            Exactly, if God made extraterrestrial intelligent creatures, it stands to reason that they'd be in His image as well.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You believe in God? lol, you're crazy...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                                X