Carbomb *attack* in England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armageddon lite.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Oh, just critical. So we should act as we normally do.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
        I would have thought those that cancelled (if any) would not be at the airport to answer the question.
        Well, maybe the poor bastards didn't know how dangerous it was to fly before CNN's microphoneholders made them aware of it
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The current terrorism threat level is Critical
          Well I'd better get stocked up on tinned food and arm myself to the teeth - looks like the end of the world is here...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"The guy was in flames and seemed to be enjoying himself," Kennedy said.
            Sounds like perfectly normal Scottish behavior to me
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Glasgow airport shut down, folks stranded on the tarmac. I saw a report (on CNN) of Liverpool airport shutdown, dont know what thats about.

Successive hits in two days in opposite ends of the UK, that did manage to get explosives, and one of the three managed to set alight and at least try to explode. I dont know if it exploded, but it was at least a big fire, the terminal looks pretty damaged.

This cell seems to far more competent than the groups in the US that we've heard about so far. Thank goodness for their poor driving, for alert police, and in Glasgow for the security bollards.

At also appears that part of the hospital in Glasgow where the burnt guy (burning man?) was taken was evacuated due to a suspect device (a suicide belt?)
              Perhaps the intended tactic was to have him run inside with the belt while vehicle distracted security. I dont know.

UK security seems wise to treat this with the utmost seriousness until more is known.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

If it was terrorists, they were hilariously inept.
                And it was in Glasgow, Scotland not in England. My aunt flew into Glasgow yesterday.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  This cell seems to far more competent than the groups in the US that we've heard about so far.

In which case you guys have little to fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    And it was in Glasgow, Scotland not in England.
                    Congratulations! You are the 1000th poster to inform teh thread that Glasgae is in Scortland. You win a holiday of 7 days on the tarmac of an airport of your choice.

Comment

If you call these antics 'competent' I don't think we have too much to fear
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Congratulations! You are the 1000th poster to inform teh thread that Glasgae is in Scortland. You win a holiday of 7 days on the tarmac of an airport of your choice.
                        Is it first class? I don't want to have to standing a 1'x1' box next to two outrageously fat men with bad gas.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They should change their name to Al-Qlownda
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                          X