No announcement yet.

Lady problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll find love someday b etor. Try asking out that cute agent in narcotics.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

i have found love.
      i'm just seeing how many potential spouses i can get.

Comment

The plural of spouse is spice.

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          Pekka - that's a tough one. Long distance love only has a chance if you both are really deeply in love and can both trust each other and behave worthily of that trust. Even then, there has to be a point on the horizon to aim when you'll be together - for good.
          Don't do it. You'll just be wasting your own time.

Comment

Distance love only works if the distance involved is less than 9 inches (plus or minus a few, depending).
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It's a very difficult thing to find a woman who would be really okay with a constant long distance relationship. I was in one for about a year and it almost killed me. I threw myself into my work and schooling, staying insanely busy for 16 hours a day so that I wouldn't have time to pine over it, but still found myself emotionally overtaxed by not having that physical connection with him. It's also too much to ask a person to move all the time. That is a very unstable environment and most women grow very tired of instability at a certain point in their life. For me it was when I turned 23, for others it may be later but still it catches up with them. I think that you might just have to smooth sail this one until you have a life that is more stable or until you find a girl that is desperately attached to you (don't count on that cause girls who are really intelligent are usually also independent).

Good luck though! It never hurts to keep your hopes up and your eyes open.
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

-> Romance Forum

Lady problems

Try to figure out which time of the month they occur, and just steer around it.

Comment

Ok - so your moving around alot.

She means more to you than a cheap shag.

You want to connect on an emotional level.

*Nugog takes a deep breath - expecting scorn*

Tell her.

Be upfront and honest.

Explain why ever it is you need to move all the time.

Tell her what she means to you.

Expect friendship while you are moving around - do not expect her to say "Sweet - I'll be celibate while you do what you need to do.".

I say this as my wife and I were "friends" for 5 years - while we both did the things we needed (wanted) to do.

I know it sounds corny - but honest communication is the best way to go - at least you know where you stand.

Good luck!
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    Don't do it. You'll just be wasting your own time.
                    Long distance relationships can work. I had one that lasted over 2 years and only fell apart because I'm deranged. All the long distance did was exacerbate the inherent problems within the relationship.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Long distance makes things tougher.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Nugog, good stuff, except there is no 'her'

Long distance, that's acceptable. I just want someone I can connect with, someone solid, someone whose life is interesting to me because I like the person, someone who is interested in my life, someone who will form one collective life with me. It's not like I don't like being alone, I mean I enjoy the private lifestyle I have. But it still starts to get bit old. There's lots of things we could do and I just can't do them alone or they'll be boring to do alone.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I thought you wanted a mail order from Russia
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            Nugog, good stuff, except there is no 'her'
                            Ok - replace "her" with "object of desire".

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

if you're going to understand me fully...you have to be open to partial insanity...

I'm one of those who is highly skeptical of long-distance relationships. From what I've seen (never tried one myself), they don't tend to work very well. Then again, most relationships don't work out. But the distance has to make things more difficult.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

yeah well, it's the only option as of now. Even I don't know where I'll be in a year or so, except most likely in China, US or some other weirdo place that's far away.

How long? I don't know. 6 months, 12 months, 18 months... who knows. The only thing I know is that my goal is still 5 years and I'll be in SoCal, in new place, near or at the beach, being a new value home owner. I figure I could meet someone there but it's such a long time to wait plus it's not like you're supposed to plan it like this anyway. I can't wait another 5 years.

These things come and go. It's just one rough patch. Maybe lasts few more days and I'll be over it. These things hits me every couple of months. Just got to ride this one out. And it kind of sucks too, since I'm a good catch. I can be introduced to family and parents, I'm loyal, in fact I think I'm one of the most loyal guys you can find since it's my core value. So I'm not the type that cheats. I'm a safe guy and I'm definitely not one of those wife beating types either. I'm professional and on my way to a great career so economy won't be an issue at all, I can provide a good living. I'm not the type who watches TV all night long so I won't be as boring as most would be. I'm a horrible cook and bad at some other things as well but I try. I can fix things around the house and just generally like easy going fun having things. BUT I'm moving a lot at the moment . Meh... now that I think of it, I'm an awesome catch!
                                Last edited by Pekka; June 27, 2007, 17:06.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X