Conservapedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    ...but they don't seem to question why that is. And here's a hint: people like the author who wrote the article.
    QFT

Comment

Uncyclopedia's article on conservapedia.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

This has been mentioned on 'poly before, but it's been a while. Sadly, I believe Conservapedia has removed the image of Jesus riding a sauropod from their entry on dinosaurs.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeah, old.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

If they're doing it to make Wikipedia appear leftist in nature, then the obvious solution is to form a group accusing Wikipedia of conservative bias and to start an overtly liberal encyclopedia.

Marxopedia

Comment

I thought wikipedia was fairly neutral myself. conservatives can be whacked in the head sometimes.

Comment

As stated some articles go off in all sorts of directions depending on who is contributing. Just depends on what articles you read.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Is that really a serious website? If so, they're really making themselves look bad.
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    ...but they don't seem to question why that is. And here's a hint: people like the author who wrote the article.

QFT
                    It's funny because they're mistreated.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Wikipedia is biased towards the viewpoints of the typical frequent internet user. So there's a definite geek bias, youth bias, male bias, richer-than-average bias, etc.

Also, each individual article is biased towards the POV of the sort of person who would read the article. That's why the 9-11 and Roswell conspiracy theory articles are so unencyclopedic and stuff. Because generally it's conspiracy nutjobs who would read and edit those articles.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar

It's funny because they're mistreated.
                        More precisedly, it's funny because the guy who mistreats gays says one of the reasons people should not be gay is because they'll be mistreated.

Comment

The meaning of the word conservative is quite literally 'biased', "un-biased conservative" is an oxymoron
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                            Neither the founders or the contributers are taking this seriously. The point is not to get people to take Conservapedia seriously, it's to create an image to observers that since there are two "pedias", Wikipedia must have a liberal bias. It's the same logic what FOX News executives had when they formed "Half hour news show" to "compete" with "The Daily Show".
                            Bias is subjective. I consider the Daily Show quite liberally biased, and I've never seen Fox News's alternative. I was barely even aware that show existed, I only know of it from stumbling over its bad reviews in the WaPo a few weeks back.

Which is not to say the Daily Show isn't quite funny. On the contrary, it can be hysterical. But given the chance, it will hammer conservatives a lot harder than liberals. When it does hammer liberals, it's usually for not going after conservatives more aggressively. That's why they started the Colbert Report spinoff, to give a faux "right-wing" (read: leftist parody of the right wing) alternative. I don't blame them at all for having said slant; political humor without any political viewpoint would not be humorous.

Now, I'm told that by European standards the Democrats are quite conservative. I suppose the Daily Show might seem more middle-of-the-road to Euros.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok, the way I'd describe it is that Stewart is to represent the voice of reason in the face of the irrational world of politics. Colbert, on the other hand, is a parody of that irrationality.

The Daily Show, as Stewart is running it, is very critical of Bush and his administration, but I think it's hard to say that's a left-wing bias at the moment. I think he's pretty in touch with reality when he criticizes the president, and people like that shouldn't really be considered to have a bias.

Now, if there was a liberal president who was running things fairly poorly, and Stewart wasn't as critical of that president, then you could allege that Stewart is biased. But as far as I'm concerned, he's just right at the moment.

Comment

Jon Stewart has one cushie job.

They show a clip of a politician saying something and then he looks at the camera with a WTF-expression on his face. Stupid politicians are a humorists gold mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X