X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    I thought that was the Rainbow Side.
    Didn't you get the memo? We're evil.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
      Unless you're a nursing infant, they're pretty useless to everyone and for the women they adorn, large ones cause back problems.
      You're not allowed to answer that question (see above).

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        You're not allowed to answer that question (see above).
        And yet what I said remains true. Funny how that worked out.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          Unless you're a nursing infant, they're pretty useless to everyone and for the women they adorn, large ones cause back problems.
          Useless?! Tits are one of the best play things ever invented. They don't call it sexual ornamentation for nothing.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've only seen one episode and it was an entire rip-off of an episode of the Outer Limits.

A chaste co-ed is enveloped by a strange power that gives her an insatiable sexual appetite, which is perpetuated by encounters with consenting men who, after making physical contact, morph into her body and disappear.

vs

Suddenly sexually aggressive, she regains entry into the club by kissing the bouncer, and picks up a man, Matt, standing at the bar. Pushing him into the women's toilet, they proceed to have sex, and at the moment of climax, Matt dissolves into a glowing cloud of dust, the energy portion of which Carys appears to absorb.

I shouldn't expect originality, but it just seemed the same story. (For all I know the Outer Limits nicked it themselves)
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And the Outer Limits version was better because the actress was Alyssa Milano.

Comment

Despite the fact it was 10 years ago and I only saw it once, I remember that episode. Funny that.

Comment

Weird. I couldn't remember that plotline for the life of me. Then I realized you were actually referring to the "new" Outer Limits. I was a huge fan of the original series in the 60s (I was about 10 or 12).

Although I imagine a sex-crazed Alyssa Milano was fun.

As for "stolen" plotlines, I don't get too upset by it anynore. Alternate reality, chronic hysteresis time loop, possessed-by-aliens, etc. etc. -- I consider most of these timeworn plots to be normal and expected, and treat them more as "obligatory homage" than rip-off. I mean, it's all been done to death. Frankly, if we demanded totally original plots in our sci-fi, we would be frighterningly short of new content.

As far as I can tell, Torchwood is basically an eye candy star vehicle for Capt. Jack, with no pretensions beyond that. I have elected "relax and enjoy." I see no reason to hold it to a higher standard.

Plus, the alien-lesbian seduction scene was pretty hot for basic cable.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    As for "stolen" plotlines, I don't get too upset by it anynore. Alternate reality, chronic hysteresis time loop, possessed-by-aliens, etc. etc. -- I consider most of these timeworn plots to be normal and expected, and treat them more as "obligatory homage" than rip-off. I mean, it's all been done to death. Frankly, if we demanded totally original plots in our sci-fi, we would be frighterningly short of new content.
                    Variations on a theme, or new takes on a plot are good and enjoyable. Creating a montage of several different original storylines is good as long as they knit together. It's more the take it and add nothing to it of that particular episode that I thought was pretty bad.

Comment

Yeah, I certainly see your point. But I didn't see the "original" so that ep was fine by me. Altough I was slightly disturbed that the victims turned to dry powder instead of a wet, sloppy mess...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Useless?! Tits are one of the best play things ever invented. They don't call it sexual ornamentation for nothing.
                        They're interesting for like, five minutes. After that, they're just kinda there, aren't they? It's not like they add to any sort of intellectual conversation.
                        B♭3

Comment

Great. Another Captain Jack fetish thread. I thought we'd be done with these after the last Pirates movie.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Ah, but see, there's a difference. While Jack Sparrow is dirty and grungy, and all around pretty disgusting, Jack Harkness is clean cut, has a nice, crisp accent without any silly catchphrases, and looks like he actually showers daily.
                            B♭3

Comment

Hmmm, I've amended my opinion of this show. Started good, but after a particularly absurd episode involving fairies, I just couldn't take it seriously anymore.

Well done though. It is a rare show these days that holds my attention for two episodes.
                              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X