Torchwood Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Torchwood. We had such high hopes.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Foyles' War

But you guys won't like, because there are no lasers, spaceships or robots involved.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Torchwood is OK, but I still prefer Dr. Who.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

The new Dr Who rocks.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The first episode is really good. The second isn't bad. After that.... it is hit and miss.

All the episodes are worth watching I guess. But some of them are more ridiculous than frightening. And not ridiculous in a good way, but in a smarmy, leering way. The word "pandering" comes to mind.
            VANGUARD

Comment

The one about the cannibals in the rural Welsh countryside got under my skin and unnerved me but probably because it was the one Torchwood episode that didn't deal with sex crazed aliens.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
                The first episode is really good. The second isn't bad. After that.... it is hit and miss.
                I'll second that.
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

So what's with the stopwatch btw? Does that have any actual meaning as an innuendo?

Or are they just racing weevils in the tunnels?
                  VANGUARD

Comment

I've now seen about 4 episodes on BBC America. A bit uneven, yeah, but entirely watchable.

The cannibal episode was excellent. And tonight's alien-lesbo routine was a nice bit of eye candy.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

BTW all the Torchwood episodes have been on www.tv-links.co.uk for ages. It's decent but I never understood the opening sequence where they say Torchwood is outside the control of the government. In Dr. Who it was made very clear that Torchwood was a secret organization run by the British government and set up by Queen Victoria to explore, counter, and adapt alien technology to advance the might of the British Empire.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, but really... so what?
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          I see we have two of the biggest American tits imaginable in this thread. You`re a real discredit to your nation...
                          What's wrong with tits, especially large ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

To be fair, Captain Jack Harkness is pretty hot...
                            Welcome to the Dark Side.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I thought that was the Rainbow Side.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

What's wrong with tits, especially large ones?
                                Unless you're a nursing infant, they're pretty useless to everyone and for the women they adorn, large ones cause back problems.
                                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                                X