Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls terrorised for going for higher education; it's "Un-Islamic"

Link

MUMBAI: After two Muslim sisters moved Bombay HC seeking protection for 'continuing their college studies', a shocked division bench of Justices Ranjana Desai and Dilip Bhosale on Monday asked police to "do everything" to stop neighbours from "terrorising" them. It warned that the court might have to step in if police failed.

Ordering police protection for the two students, the judges asked the police to explain at the next hearing, slated for June 18, why no security was provided earlier despite several complaints. On Monday, the two girls were present in court clad in burqas.

In their petition, they said the family had been terrorised and was still facing threats from Mohammad Ali Nisar Ansari and his sons and a few others who had been objecting to Muslim girls being enrolled in graduate courses.
    On March 7, when Samina - a second-year BSc student - was studying for exams outside her home, she was allegedly hit from behind and her chair pulled by Ansari. He allegedly threatened that if she didn't stop studying, he would ruin her family. A terrified Samina and her parents lodged a police complaint.

The girls have claimed that cops are protecting Ansari because he works as a police informer. When the sisters completed their SSC few years back, Ansari had warned their father against sending them to college as only "girls of bad character studied further". Their father, 65-year-old businessman Mohammad Yasin Sheikh, had then told Ansari to mind his own business.

However, on May 11 this year, the threats culminated in action and the parents and an elder brother were beaten up and had to be taken to an ICU. Their brother, only earning member of the family, was hit on his head with a cricket bat and received 13 stitches.

Samina alleged that when she shouted for help, another man held her and tore off her clothes. The local Nagpada police did not arrest Ansari even though an FIR was lodged by their father. The police also refused to give them a copy of the complaint and handed it over only when an advocate asked for it. Frustrated by police inaction, the girls decided to move court.

Last Thursday, when the matter came up for the first time, the court directed the accused persons should also be represented and heard in court. The judges said: "Ordinarily, an accused has no say at this stage but we are informed that they have been threatening the girls on the grounds that their religion doesn't permit them to study. The petitioners say that they are also threatening other girls in the locality."

After the last hearing, police charged two persons with a bailable offence under Section 324 (causing hurt by dangerous weapons).
    In summary: a bunch of pure, devout, Mohammedan Muslims are threatening other, more progressive, and therefore heretical Muslims who wish to send their girls for higher education, and are willing to use violence to intimidate others into ensuring that Muslim women do not receive a college education.

I'd say this is a problem affecting those Muslims who choose to stay in their little self-made ghetto, because I know many nice and decent Muslim fellows at my college itself, and they don't seem to face this sort of harassment. The girls among them are pretty normal - the only way you could make out that they're Muslim is because of their names. But I don't know what cost they have paid for this modernity. I suspect, however, that they have had to estrange themselves from the wider Muslim community in order to reap the benefits of progress as they are doing now.

Mohammedan Muslims
    is there another kind?

Comment

Islam is barbarism and always has been. It is violent, it is cruel, and it is backwards. It can be no other way since its founder was a genicidial maniac, a pedophile, and a drug addict. The people who think Islam can be reformed believe so despite what the Koran says because the Koran is filled with vile garbage and continually orders Muslims to kill the unbelievers where ever they find them. Individual Muslims can ignore these basic tenets of their religion but that doesn't make Islam better. It is still a religion of hate and murder.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

if asher was banned for saying jews don't play PC games, i think oerdin has it coming for saying muslims are vile and murderous. and because i have never liked him.

Comment

Except, as we've pointed out in numerous threads, the principal of Islam being both violent and murderous is based entirely upon reading the Koran. I've provided quotes in the past and can again if you are so ignorant as to need them. Simply by reading the Koran, as I have, you can see how murderous and evil Islam is.

Any religion which explicitly orders its adherents to kill all people who fallow other religions is by definition murderous, violent, and evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

i think oerdin has it coming for saying muslims are vile and murderous.
            He didn't actually say that, you know.

Comment

In any event my position that all organized religion is backwards and wrong is well established. Islam is simply more objectionable then most because it orders followers to kill everyone of different religions. The short answer is the fundamentalists have it right, the genocidal maniac Mohammad did order all Muslims to kill everyone who wasn't Muslim, and that religion of evil cannot be reformed to become acceptable to civilized people without rejecting the very premise on which it is founded. Namely, that the Koran is based upon God's will. If you believe a murderous book like the Koran is God's will then you must obey it and kill everyone who does not follow it verbatim.

This is simply unacceptable in civilized societies.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

He didn't actually say that, you know.
                Don't bother Wiglaf with facts. That troll loves to stir **** up and facts are not important to him.

Comment

OERDIN
                  Last edited by Wiglaf; June 12, 2007, 13:18.

Comment

If you noticed I denounced several religions, you troll. I pointed out that Islam was worse then most because it precludes living in peace with other religions and explicitly orders its followers to kill all other religious groups.

Comment

“...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

What are these girls studying in grad school? If it's "gender studies," I approve of the terrorism.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Samina is a funny name. It means "fat" in arabic.
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Islam is simply more objectionable then most because it orders followers to kill everyone of different religions. The short answer is the fundamentalists have it right, the genocidal maniac Mohammad did order all Muslims to kill everyone who wasn't Muslim, .
                            So all that pact of omar, dhimmi stuff was all heresy? Theyve been inauthentic since like 10 years after the death of mohammed?
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              In any event my position that all organized religion is backwards and wrong is well established. Islam is simply more objectionable then most because it orders followers to kill everyone of different religions. The short answer is the fundamentalists have it right, the genocidal maniac Mohammad did order all Muslims to kill everyone who wasn't Muslim, and that religion of evil cannot be reformed to become acceptable to civilized people without rejecting the very premise on which it is founded. Namely, that the Koran is based upon God's will. If you believe a murderous book like the Koran is God's will then you must obey it and kill everyone who does not follow it verbatim.

This is simply unacceptable in civilized societies.

Why do you hate freedom of speech? Who are you to tell that Muslims cannot torture/murder infidels?
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X