Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Built this city on rock n roll - crap or great? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straybow
    Originally posted by Dis
    The funny thing is the only songs I really like by them were not written by jefferson airplane, but by Grace Slick. Somebody to love and white rabbit.

Didn't we have a "worst songs" thread a few months ago??
    Yea, I swear there was a whole discussion about this song in particular not too long ago...
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yeah, based on Blender's list of the 50 worst. But the UBB search feature can't find its own ass with both hands.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

The point is, Starship wasn't Jefferson Airplane. They weren't even Jefferson Starship. So what's the point of injecting those names? Why not just say Rolling Stones, or anyone?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

don't forget these guys also performed on the star wars holiday special.

light the sky on fire. The song is probably about drugs. But what song during the 70's wasn't about drugs?

Comment

White Rabbit? That wasn't about drugs, it was about Alice and Wonderland!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

And we all know that wasn't drug-induced, now don't we?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                Marty Balin is one of my favorite vocalists, up there near Meatloaf and Paul Rodgers ??? of Bad Company.

trivia question: which member of JA got punched by Hells Angels serving as security at a concert?
                Umm... Marty Balin?

And my vote is for crap.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Billy Ocean - When the Going Gets Tough
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Utter crap -- and now it's stuck in my head. Thank you sooooo freakin' much.

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Jefferson Airplane
                      Jefferson Starship

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                      Embryonic Pillow
                      I take it you mean either Surrealistic Pillow or Embryonic Journey.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                      X