Hindus forgetting the origins of.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aneeshm

The government must know the caste and religion of a person in order to give them special privileges if they're from either a minority religion or if they're a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Class(Caste).

It's stupid, violates the principle of equality, and I know that, but I'm telling you since you asked.
    Well maybe if Hindus treated all their people properly there wouldn't be a problem.
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

India's religious discrimination laws.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

As far as I know, if these people convert, they'll start getting minority benefits.

Comment

I thought you said Buddhists weren't counted as "different"...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They aren't. For purposes of conversion, they're part of the same family. But when it comes to benefits, they receive them, because even though they might belong to the same family, they're still a minority.

Comment

Could you please be more concrete as to what these benefits are?
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Could you please be more concrete as to what these benefits are?
                Preference in government jobs (this was a very big thing when the best jobs were to be found in the public sector), the ability to run your own educational institutions without governmental interference, preference in other things related to government work, and so on.

Comment

And what groups can receive all that and which can't?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                    And what groups can receive all that and which can't?
                    Except the Hindus, everyone is in a minority, so everyone except us gets them.

Comment

Good.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Except the Hindus, everyone is in a minority, so everyone except us gets them.
                        Because Hindus are exclusionist jerks that make up the sizable portion of India and must bec compensated for thier advantage?
                        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                          Good.
                          Though I know you meant it to be a troll, it is a good thing. It is uniting Hindus. Remember that ideologies and religions thrive on perceived persecution. If Hindus feel that they are treated as second-class citizens, then they will forget their differences and band together and, by force of the majority vote, get a party of their choice in, whereas earlier, their vote was fragmented. It's already happening, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
                            Because Hindus are exclusionist jerks that make up the sizable portion of India and must bec compensated for thier advantage?

There is unrest in the forest
                            There is trouble with the trees
                            For the Maples want more sunlight
                            And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Maples
                            (And they're quite convinced they're right)
                            They say the Oaks are just too lofty
                            And they grab up all the light

But the Oaks can't help their feelings
                            If they like the way they're made
                            And they wonder why the Maples
                            Can't be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the Forest
                            And the creatures all have fled
                            As the Maples scream "Oppression!"
                            And the Oaks, just shake their heads

So the Maples formed a Union
                            And demanded equal rights
                            "These oaks are just too greedy
                            We will make them give us light"

Now there's no more Oak oppression
                            For they passed a noble law
                            And the trees are all kept equal
                            By hatchet,
                            Axe,
                            And saw ...

Comment

Though I know you meant it to be a troll, it is a good thing. It is uniting Hindus. Remember that ideologies and religions thrive on perceived persecution. If Hindus feel that they are treated as second-class citizens, then they will forget their differences and band together and, by force of the majority vote, get a party of their choice in, whereas earlier, their vote was fragmented. It's already happening, you know.

Yes, these kinds of movements can never go wrong.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Then they'll just go back to oppressing the minorities again. Well, they would if they stopped. This unity is just an excuse to further oppress.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X