The US media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US media

...do they have a right-wing bias or a left-wing bias?

BLASTED forgot to add a poll.

Close/delete/add poll please.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Id say they have a "liberal" bias, not a left wing one. Take that as you will
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

CNN supposedly has left wing bias. I've tried to spot it but couldn't. I don't know whether the version I get (CNN international) is the same they get in USA.

Comment

They have almost given up reporting the news at all soo...

It's all local news now. Upteen reports on whose screwing who, murders of blonds, who won the ultra hype dance contest, and who is getting richer.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: The US media

Originally posted by Colon™
          ...do they have a right-wing bias or a left-wing bias?
          IMHO...

CNN = left-wing bias
          FOX = right-wing bias
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            They have almost given up reporting the news at all soo...

It's all local news now. Upteen reports on whose screwing who, murders of blonds, who won the ultra hype dance contest, and who is getting richer.
            This is also sadly true. No news of any real significance.
            Oh, and don't forget the weekly American Idol update, which is on the news immediately after the Idol episode. Blah.
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
              CNN supposedly has left wing bias.
              CNN has a wonderful axe piece this morning blaming Democrats for earmarks. Luckily, right-wing groups are opposing the practice.
              Last edited by Zkribbler; May 25, 2007, 14:27.

Comment

Do you speak about US CNN, CNN International , or both?

Blah

Comment

Why do people automatically refer to US media as CNN or Fox? Heck these two are zits in comparison to the exposure of ABC, NBC, or CBS.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Ni!

I don't watch the crap.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Dunno, CNN (Internat. - they switch to US at night) is the only one I can see, Fox I hear is evil.
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                        Do you speak about US CNN, CNN International , or both?

I was watching CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                          Why do people automatically refer to US media as CNN or Fox? Heck these two are zits in comparison to the exposure of ABC, NBC, or CBS.
                          IMHO CNN and FOX are the more blatant extremes.

Comment

The left or right bias of the media is dependant on your left or right bias.

As a righty, I see the media (in general) as extremely left balanced, and they do so on purpose to get the all important tv rating. I also prefer FOX news because they more frequently spin the news the way I like it spun.

I am fairly certian that a lefty would fell almost the same way, only with the lefty/righty bias being switched and they prefer CNN.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

CNN=ABC=NBC=CBS for all intents and purposes wrt to bias.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X