No announcement yet.

Summer DC Polymeet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, we would still be going at that time, but starting after 7 won't do it for me.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

yeah, we might still be at a location that allows in under 21ers at that time, but I would expect that we would meet at first around noon

I still don't know whether I will show, I would probably say not likely if it was Sunday, but still should be able to make Monday

generally we meet around noon, \pm an hour or two

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Noon?
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Too early for you?
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I Guess I maybe shouldn't say generally

but do recall that KH wants to get out of shopping

and a couple times we met around noon/early afternoon, then went on into evening

is that too many hours of drinking for you?

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well, Sunday is a drinking night too, so I can't be up too early.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Well, we won't be boozing the whole time. Got to keep it clean for Kuci for a while.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Well, Sunday is a drinking night too, so I can't be up too early.
                  *****. To get there at noon I have to leave my house 10:30 (I'm leaving my car at a metro station on the Beltway)
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

so, where exactly is this gonna be at?

How about Old Ebbit's?

We can hurl insults at congressional aides.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I need afternoon or late evening. Regular evening I have a party to go to.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

the general DC polymeets I have been to, excluding the first, have went on for 6+ hours

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

like:

1. meet for lunch: eat/etc

2. go to a bar: drink/etc

3. go to dinner: drink/eat/etc

4. end

A lot of people are only there for some of the time. There is no guarantee it will run late though, if the group ever drops below 4 I bet it would disband.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

WAIT! What about Wiggy?? Someone tell him to come

Comment

I would say 2pm-ish Monday for an afternoon beer and sandwich. I'm roughly available:

Sunday - 4 pm on
                              Monday - 1 pm on

I was thinking of maybe a place on 17th street on that strip near Fox & Hounds. It's just enough up DuPont not to be touristy and easy to walk to other bars. Barring that Lauriol Plaza isn't a bad place to meet. There's food, decent margaritas and outdoor patios. G-town is a bit too pricey and there aren't a lot of goot outdoor places,

How about Old Ebbit's?
                              Decidedly bad place for drinks. It's for people who don't know any better i.e. tourists. And there won't be squat for people there. If you want to see important folks, I'll call the Capitol Grille
                              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

We need a go to guy to serve as a contact point. I would offer to be that person, but I am still not 100% certain of making it.

I would suggest DanS, but he hasn't posted in a bit.

Timexwatch would be good also, I think (as he knows the area well, and seems to be a sure thing).

I think suggesting Monday at 1 pm sounds like a good idea. Then it ends when people decide so...

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X