Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many electric shocks with 120V or greater have you received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twice, both intentional as an 11 year old, with a key and a half plugged in electrical plug. My best friend at the time was more gadgety than I was, and showed me that it was safe first "Safe" being relative of course, but as long as the key/plug combo is there it is fairly safe since you typically drop the plug when the shock comes
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Never; I'm smarter luckier than that.

I have melted a hole in my wirecutters once. I was staring intently as I cut. Had a giant "blue spot" for half an hour.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I remember at least 2-3 times but I was a kid for each.

Comment

Probably about 6-7 times, all 220V. Few of those by the power switch at my grandmother's place that controled the water pump. To wash your hands you had to switch the pump on and people usually switched it off with their hands still wet from washing. After a while the switch would get wet and somebody would get hit. Very bad design.

Last two times I recieved shocks was working on my computer, trying to align the water cooling system I made. Computer was off but I forgot the power was still live and WHAM.

220V hits are very unpleasant

Comment

A few. Once in the UK blew me across the landing. Once in France blew me clean across a room and burnt my finger quite badly (must've been the 220V!).

Also done things like grabbing hold of low strength agricultural electric fences for fun...

You get an amazing buzz from the big ones - that totally alive sort of feeling... But even so I have successfully avoided a major electrocution since my early teens...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
            X