Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many electric shocks with 120V or greater have you received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-6.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
      Strictly speaking static electricity is far greater than 120 volts. So I'ld reckon 51+ easily.
      Yeah, I know. I was tring to put it succinctly...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

5-6 times with 120.
        What?

Comment

I can't remember exactly how many times. Probably 10-12... mostly when I was younger.

We have a vacuum cleaner system in our house. All you do is plug the tube into port in the wall and it turns on. I opened the panel and saw two little metal leads. I figured they were for the power, but I had to see what would happen if I touched them. Sure enough... ZAP.

And once wasn't enough.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm a voltage tester

To determine if a wire is live I'd just grab it, back when I did contracting. That said, I've only grabbed 220 once. 220 is like someone put WAY too much salt in the soup. Perhaps 30 times with 110. No, more than that. Who knows? Still here.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Back when I was in high school, I sat one day tapping my lip thoughtfully with the end of an extension cord. The moisture from my mouth must have made the connection because suddenly it was like being punched in the face. So: once for me.

Comment

I'd say 20-50, maybe more. In high school I made Tesla coils. Not always well, particularly at the beginning.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I licked a nine volt a bunch of times once does that count?
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Elastic trickery.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

One--I was around three and decided that I shiould try the car keys in the socket. My mother heard a little whump and arrived to see me curled in a ball across the hall from the socket in question. She didn't know if I jumped back or was thrown (maybe a little of both?)

Oh and of course there are the hundreds of times that we are probed by the aliens. But those technologies are so advanced that to characterize them as "electricity just seems wrong
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I can't remember ever having a serious electric shock, only static and similar shocks.

I have twice been about 10m from a tree when it was hit by lightning.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I have a macho take on DIY. Many.

The worst was when I was 18 months old. I chewed through the cable of my mother's sewing machine while it was switched on.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

enough times to avoid it
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

been zapped maybe 2 dozen times by coils/distributors working on older cars

Comment

I hit once, then realized I've done it twice, not counting the old A/C window unit when I was a kid.

It would shock you everytime it was running. If you touched it where it was wet.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X