Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegan Baby Killers

Vegans jailed over death of baby

A vegan couple have been sentenced to life in prison by a US court over the death of their malnourished baby.
    The baby died six weeks after birth after being fed a diet largely made up of soy milk and organic apple juice.

Defence lawyers for Lamont Thomas and Jade Sanders said they had starved their child unintentionally by adhering to a strictly vegan diet.

But prosecutors in the US city of Atlanta said the couple had deliberately neglected their child.

"No matter how many times they want to say, 'We're vegans, we're vegetarians,' that's not the issue in this case," Prosecutor Chuck Boring is quoted by the Associated Press news agency as saying.

"The child died because he was not fed. Period," he said.

Strict vegans adhere to a diet that avoids all animal products.

'I loved my son'

Crown Shakur weighed 3.5lb (1.6kg) at the time of his death in April 2004.

The baby was born in a bathtub in the couple's house.

Defence lawyer Brandon Lewis is quoted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper as saying the couple did not take their child to a doctor because they feared hospitals were full of germs.

Defence lawyers said the couple did not realise the baby's life was in danger until it was too late.

A jury deliberated for seven hours before delivering its verdict on 2 May.

Sentencing the couple, the judge said the murder verdict made the life sentence mandatory.

Jade Sanders told the judge: "I loved my son - and I did not starve him."

According to the AP news agency, Lamont Thomas complained that he had not known he was being tried for a felony - rather than the lesser offence of a misdemeanour.

"We had no idea involuntary manslaughter was a felony. We were told for three years this was a misdemeanour," he reportedly said.

"It takes money to prove this wasn't a felony - money we don't have."
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Vegans Murderers!
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

soy millk says on it not for babies

breast milk is made for babies

vegans

stupid vegans

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's not the first time these vegan freaks are forcing their diet on a baby and they grow out as people whose brains didn't develop fully. Many of these are just hippies, you know 'it's healthy, good for you'. They don't know **** about nutrition. These people should be shot in the face. Shot with a cannon. Kill them until they die of death.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        These people should be shot in the face. Shot with a cannon. Kill them until they die
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

WTF? Why didn't the ***** use soy-based formula?

I must say, restricting breast milk because you are a vegan is odd.
          I changed my signature

Comment

Were these vegans against breast milk?

After all, I guess that it's an "animal product" too, strictly speaking.
            Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

I knew someone who wanted to drink during her pregnancy because she didn't believe the "man," who said it was bad for the baby.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                These people should be shot in the face. Shot with a cannon. Kill them until they die of death.
                And when they're dead, they should be chopped up into little bits. And then get jumped on, added to soy milk and liquidised in the blender. And then .... by then ..... someone will have thought of something even *more* unpleasant to do to them.

Comment

Are vegans allowed to have oral sex?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    Are vegans allowed to have oral sex?
                    Yes, but I think there's some restriction, although... forgot which one... let me think...
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Only if they don't swallow.

Comment

Vegans
                        Retards
                        ****** Vegans

Comment

So are they better or worse than Christian Scientists?
                          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Vegans damage and kill otherwise healthy children.

The child has to be in bad shape already for Christian Scientists to really shine.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Vegans with missiles
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X