Mickey Mouse Joins Hamas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey Mouse Joins Hamas

Or at least, he had until they pulled him off the air. Isn't this absolutely insane?

Hamas militants have suspended a TV program that featured a Mickey Mouse lookalike urging Palestinian children to fight Israel and work for global Islamic domination, the Palestinian information minister said Wednesday.

Information Minister Mustafa Barghouti said the character — a giant black-and-white rodent with a high-pitched voice — represented a "mistaken approach" to the Palestinian struggle against Israeli occupation.

He said that the program was pulled from Hamas-affiliated Al Aqsa TV at his ministry's request and "placed under review."

The character, named "Farfour," or "butterfly," but unmistakably a copy of the Disney character, preached against the U.S. and Israel each Friday on the show called "Tomorrow's Pioneers."

"You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists," Farfour squeaked on a recent episode. "We will return the Islamic community to its former greatness, and liberate Jerusalem, God willing, liberate Iraq, God willing, and liberate all the countries of the Muslims invaded by the murderers."

Children called in to the show, many singing Hamas anthems about fighting Israel.

A spokeswoman for Burbank, Calif.-based Walt Disney Co. did not return phone calls seeking comment, and the Gaza TV station had no comment.

The program was opposed by the Palestinian Broadcasting Corp., which is controlled by the Fatah movement of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, a Hamas rival that shares power with the militants in the Palestinian government.

Barghouti is an independent aligned with neither Hamas nor Fatah.

Loyalists of Hamas, which is sworn to the destruction of Israel, launched the Al Aqsa satellite channel last year. Bearded young men read the news and Islamic music is layered over footage of masked militants firing rockets into Israel. The channel also broadcasts talk shows, programs about the disabled and cartoons.

Hamas loyalists also run at least five news Web sites, a newspaper and a radio station.

Thoughts?
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

What can be said? Bulldoze the place already!
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

no no.

this will encourage even younger suicide bombers. If we can get more prepubescent people to become suicide bombers the less people there will be!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I want the evil joos to stop eating palestinian babies and I want the palestinians to stop teaching their surviving kids to hate.
        Last edited by Wezil; May 11, 2007, 12:06.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The concept of talking humanoid animals on TV is so utterly Unislamic that this can't be seem as anything other than a victory for decandent Western materialism. Huzzah!

Comment

I want to test this out. If we encourage through propaganda the youngest members of society to fight us, will we reduce the amount of fighting?

"hey, five year old kid, aim that gun at me."
            "Son, dont do it, it's a trap!"
            "The faster I kill you, the faster you go to heaven as a martyr"
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Hamas has been doing stuff like this for years. They run children's shows which brainwash kids by continually saying things like Kills Jews, destroy the Zionist entity, jihad is the way to greatness, etc...
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"The program was opposed by the Palestinian Broadcasting Corp., which is controlled by the Fatah movement of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas"

good for them.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  no no.

this will encourage even younger suicide bombers. If we can get more prepubescent people to become suicide bombers the less people there will be!
                  QFT. The earlier they become suicide bombers the quicker we weed them out - and little kids are probably worse at the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

QFT. The earlier they become suicide bombers the quicker we weed them out - and little kids are probably worse at the job.
                    See, Im not that much of a dullard!

Comment

How long until Disney's lawyers take action?

Edit: Given the anti-American preaching, their decision to rip off an American icon seems a little odd.
                      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Only at this point do they seem odd to you? It took Mickey Mouse to convince you? Isn't that a little...

Goofey?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's just so absurd, on every level.
                          If they want people from other countries to take their side, this was a very bad way to do it.

I mean think about it - brainwashing youngsters with a Mickey Mouse clone who tells them to kill Israelis. They're making their opponents look good. Maybe that's why Abbas opposed it, he knows what everyone else on Earth would think.
                          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

isnt there a better spokesperson too that young palestine children can identify with?

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X