eating meat is disdusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Ok. So Marilyn Monroe, is served Matzoh Ball soup for the fifth dinner in a row.

"Well, its very good, but is there any OTHER part of the Matzoh that we eat?"
    So this tourist goes to Seville, and eats at a restaurant outside the bullfighting arena. He orders the special, and gets what looks like two very large meatballs. They're very good, and filling, and he's happy, so he comes back the next day and orders the same thing. This time, the meatballs are much smaller, so he asks the waiter why. The waiter says "Senor, today the bull kill the matador."
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

So this tourist goes to Seville, and eats at a restaurant outside the bullfighting arena. He orders the special, and gets what looks like two very large meatballs. They're very good, and filling, and he's happy, so he comes back the next day and orders the same thing. This time, the meatballs are much smaller, so he asks the waiter why. The waiter says "Senor, today the bull kill the matador."
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
        See I'm with Bkeela, and this is a discussion I've been having with my husband of late. I have a problem with the fact that I'm eating something that once was alive, with a heart, face and all that goes with it.
        The face is the best part!

I'm surprised by the moral anguish that people here have over what they eat. I don't find the idea of eating an animal who was once living to be disgusting in the least. Maybe it's because I've personally killed, butchered, and eaten my own meat before. I've been part of the entire process, so it seems natural to me.
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

When I eat meat, I feel good about retroactively conferring upon the animal a reason to live, giving meaning to its life
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Ok. So Marilyn Monroe, is served Matzoh Ball soup for the fifth dinner in a row.

"Well, its very good, but is there any OTHER part of the Matzoh that we eat?"
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              WTF is a carnivorous vegetable?
              Here's what he's talking about.
              Attached Files
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Tomatoes are a fruit.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Officially, they're fruits. But I can't help but consider them as vegetables.
                  Last edited by Nostromo; May 9, 2007, 12:00.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                    Vegetarians don't eat fruit? Since when?
                    They do, but that's besides the point.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                      meat
                      the only meat i eat that is still attached to the bone is chicken sometimes, but that doesn't gross me out. i think it's interesting. and feeling the different textures!
                      i agree with Wezil. this post has no apropriate response
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

at thread.

Jesus, is our world decadent.

to Elok for his vagina-rose argument.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                          This is the good thing about being a vegetarian - you can eat pretty much any vegetable (except the carnivorous ones) without any reservations. But a carcass-eater cannot eat the dead body of just any animal, they can only eat the meat of a few, "culturally approved" animals.
                          How many is a few to you? Cow, pig, sheep, chicken, turkey - is that "a few"? I have eaten deer, but it's not a usual thing for me. Same with goose. Oh, forgot duck - not a favorite, but for a number of years, my aunt cooked that for a holiday meal.

Are you counting seafood as meat? Salmon is the fish I probably eat the most of, but there are other types I've eaten: cod, halibut, herring, sardines, whitefish, swordfish, tuna, trout. Then there are shrimp, scallops, squid, octopus, crab and lobster.

All told, it's way more than "a few."
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Syndicated news and opinion website providing continuously updated headlines to top news and analysis sources.

oh, and couple gets prison time for feeding (or not feeding) their child vegan food.

Though it sounds more like a case of child abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

How many is a few to you? Cow, pig, sheep, chicken, turkey - is that "a few"? I have eaten deer, but it's not a usual thing for me. Same with goose. Oh, forgot duck - not a favorite, but for a number of years, my aunt cooked that for a holiday meal.

Are you counting seafood as meat? Salmon is the fish I probably eat the most of, but there are other types I've eaten: cod, halibut, herring, sardines, whitefish, swordfish, tuna, trout. Then there are shrimp, scallops, squid, octopus, crab and lobster.

All told, it's way more than "a few."
                              [obligatory]

Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
                              Lisa: No.
                              Homer: Ham?
                              Lisa: No.
                              Homer: Pork chops?
                              Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
                              Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

[/obligatory]
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X