No announcement yet.

eating meat is disdusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit that certain parts of animal tissue makes me feel nauseous - like veins, sinews and other yucky stuff.
    It reminds me of that Fear Factor show where they had to eat huge testicles. I almost puked.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
      I must admit that certain parts of animal tissue makes me feel nauseous - like veins, sinews and other yucky stuff.

I guess I'm just another hypocritical carnivore - I like meat, but I don't like to be reminded that I am consuming a once living, breathing creature much like myself.
      yeah that describes how I feel. Meat tastes too damn good to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

It reminds me of that Fear Factor show where they had to eat huge testicles. I almost puked.
        I'll never figure out why that show is popular.

Comment

Beef Burgundy is tastier
          Does beef not remind you of a cow?

I would not want to eat something which did not remind me of what it is.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Jim Gaffigan
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Does beef not remind you of a cow?

I would not want to eat something which did not remind me of what it is.
                Beef cubes look less like a cow than a full body part that you cooked as is. I don't have any problem eating meat, BTW. I'm just trying to help out Dis.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

This is the good thing about being a vegetarian - you can eat pretty much any vegetable (except the carnivorous ones) without any reservations. But a carcass-eater cannot eat the dead body of just any animal, they can only eat the meat of a few, "culturally approved" animals.

Comment

...okay, why not the carnivorous ones? Are you afraid of eating trace particles that may have once been part of a fly's body?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

See I'm with Bkeela, and this is a discussion I've been having with my husband of late. I have a problem with the fact that I'm eating something that once was alive, with a heart, face and all that goes with it. It bugs the crap out of me that something else had to give it's life just so I can surrive. Steve's response to me was that of don't you think the plant's that provide your vegetables were once alive? Everything is alive meat, plants so everything you eat is alive what are you going to do? To which I usually respond " Smarta$$" and walk out of the room cause he's right. It's all alive and how do you justify that?
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

WTF is a carnivorous vegetable?
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Venus flytrap?
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Ok. So Marilyn Monroe, is served Matzoh Ball soup for the fifth dinner in a row.

"Well, its very good, but is there any OTHER part of the Matzoh that we eat?"
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                              Venus flytrap?
                              That's not a vegetable
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                                ...okay, why not the carnivorous ones? Are you afraid of eating trace particles that may have once been part of a fly's body?
                                actually most Orthodox Jews insist on inspection of vegetables for any trace parts of an insects body, since insects (certain locusts excepted) are not kosher. Some Orthodox Jews will not eat broccoli, on the theory that one can never inspect it properly.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X