X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on the cause of the fire yet?

How's everyone holding up?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The cause of the fire is still unknown, and may never been known. Things have seriously been destroyed surrounding the supposed starting point of the fire.

Here are some good pictures of the fire: http://www.digitalrailroad.net/Remco...1&pgid=8812006

Things are looking 'good' for the company though.
      When the building was still burning the employees have started to organise the rebuilding.
      New office space has been rented, new printing presses have been ordered, and the printing-press supplier could deliver 3 presses within 2 days!! (those are 400,000 euro presses, but since Quantes (the company) is a very advanced company the supplier (HP) wanted to deliver new stuff ASAP) (HP oftenly refers to Quantes because Quantes gets the most advanced stuff out of their presses)

Further there was another printing company (technically a competitor) who offered my father to use their presses during the night, and his employees agreed to work during the night.

All in all the fire was really a disaster, but everyone is working together to get things working again, and that's really good. My sister told me yesterday that there's a really good atmosphere among the employees. They all want to get the company back up again, there's a "We can do it" spirit.

As a matter of fact the first books have already been pressed yesterday.
      But there are still a lot of headaches ahead, obviously.
      What to do with the building, half of it is still sort of standing, can it be rebuild? How did the fire start?

And today my father hears if the insurance company will pay. The signs for that look good though.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Dutch people can go to www.albumprinter.nl and read the news blog that's linked from the frontpage.

And if you really want to support my father, just buy cool photoalbums!
        You can create your own albums with your digital photos and they'll be delivered at your home. It's really cool stuff.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Truly sorry to hear about this, CyberShy

Give my best wishes to your father.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Hope you guys rebuild the printing press office so that it's better than before!

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
              The cause of the fire is still unknown, and may never been known.
              Covered up pretty well then Cyber...
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                The cause of the fire is still unknown, and may never been known. Things have seriously been destroyed surrounding the supposed starting point of the fire.

Here are some good pictures of the fire: http://www.digitalrailroad.net/Remco...1&pgid=8812006

Things are looking 'good' for the company though.
                When the building was still burning the employees have started to organise the rebuilding.
                New office space has been rented, new printing presses have been ordered, and the printing-press supplier could deliver 3 presses within 2 days!! (those are 400,000 euro presses, but since Quantes (the company) is a very advanced company the supplier (HP) wanted to deliver new stuff ASAP) (HP oftenly refers to Quantes because Quantes gets the most advanced stuff out of their presses)

Further there was another printing company (technically a competitor) who offered my father to use their presses during the night, and his employees agreed to work during the night.

All in all the fire was really a disaster, but everyone is working together to get things working again, and that's really good. My sister told me yesterday that there's a really good atmosphere among the employees. They all want to get the company back up again, there's a "We can do it" spirit.

As a matter of fact the first books have already been pressed yesterday.
                But there are still a lot of headaches ahead, obviously.
                What to do with the building, half of it is still sort of standing, can it be rebuild? How did the fire start?

And today my father hears if the insurance company will pay. The signs for that look good though.
                An inspiring story of recovery after disaster. Good to hear.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Bummer.
                  Good luck, and best wishes.
                  -Alexander
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Cybershy, Tony Soprano says to make sure you pay your protection money on time from now on.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How did things turn out then, CyberShy? With the business, the insurance, the building - and everyone coping?

Comment

Working...
                      X