Printing Office of my father destroyed by fire tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Office of my father destroyed by fire tonight

Early this morning I was waked up by a call from my mother that the Printing Office of my father ( Quantes ) was totally destroyed by fire.

I immediately jumped into my car and ride to the office to see the fires still eating the office that my father has build up in the decades behind us. Everything is destroyed, the machines, the building, only the computer backups could be saved. It's really emotional, certainly for my father and my sisters (who also work there)

There's a lot coming to him right now and I hope that he'll manage it to rebuild it again.
    I wanted to share this with you guys.

You can read the (Dutch) news here: http://www.nu.nl/news/1068124/10/Dru...lammen_op.html
    Last edited by Robert; May 7, 2007, 18:43.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Good luck to him trying to rebuild.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Sucks

I remember when going home one day, I noticed a very strong smell of smoke when approaching my street, which gave me a lot of worries. Fortunately when I arrived some minutes later my house was ok, but there has been a fire some houses away.
      Blah

Comment

Sorry to hear it.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hope his insurance is good
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Hope his insurance is good
            Hope so. He says so.
            I hope they won't start making problems. Try to find errors that are made, or whatever.

Fortunately things are organised pretty good overhere in Holland, but I don't have enough trust in the insurance companies to believe that they'll fund the rebuilding tomorrow already.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

You really shouldn't have been smoking on the premises Cyber..
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I know people are full of sympathy in their outpourings, and although you certainly have mine, I think my sentiment in the long run is probably the most important.

But it is the one thing about insurance companies, they do drag their heels. But if there is nothing out of the ordinary there shouldn't be a problem. Although personally I don't trust insurance companies one bit.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What was the cause of the fire?

Sorry I can't read dutch.
                  be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    What was the cause of the fire?

Sorry I can't read dutch.
                    Discarded cigarette butt
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Can you not read Dutch? It says the cause is not yet known
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        Can you not read Dutch? It says the cause is not yet known
                        The cause is known, I know it.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

so it was you who dropped that cigarette!
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

That sucks. Best luck to you and your father.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Sorry to hear that CS.

At least no one was hurt (I'm assuming).
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X