No announcement yet.

confession time: I actually like the movie Independence Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What killed me about that particular line (the Brits) was the godawful accent. It wasn't even close, IIRC. The arrogance of it (finally we can do something! we were unable to act until the Americans got their **** together!) is a given.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The false-modesty lefty Americans adopt is far more annoying than the somewhat justified arrogance of the rest of America. What's the point of being the most powerful nation on earth if you refuse to revel in it?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

We're No. 1!!!

We even suck more than everyone else!!!

What's this thread about?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          Is that the test you administered on your wife when you two were dating?

considering we met on line i think the test he started with was a/s/l That didnt go over real well so i made sure he new my name before i answered those Questions. Six years later we are still here
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

You could detect the sincerity in his a/s/l, so you started with your name?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
              You could detect the sincerity in his a/s/l, so you started with your name?

No I started with ignore, but that didnt work. He kept coming back.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

ah, a stalker, I understand now why you got married (if you can't beat him off with a stick, join him in matrimony?)
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

Starship Troopers was amusing. it's not a movie I have any desire to watch. If i'm flipping through the channels and it's on, I'd probably find something better to watch.

It would especially be bad on regular tv where you don't get the tittie scenes. The only thing that made that movie watchable. The humour was pretty cool though. I loved the fascist stuff. I didn't care for the action scenes.
                  So you think Independence Day is a better movie than Starship Troopers?

Um. Wrong.
                  Last edited by Vanguard; May 10, 2007, 21:49.
                  VANGUARD

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    Worst. Post. Ever.

:P
                    Harsh.

Comment

On reflection, it only seemed so bad because (a) I spent good money to see it at the cinema and (b) That godawful War-of-the-Worlds hash-up hadn't been made yet.

It was the aliens using earthling operating systems compatible with our viruses that did it for me, though. It would have been better if they'd just had a good old Windows 3.x 'General Protection Fault' that blew up the mothership.

Comment

I can imagine the alien staring at his view screen with the options "Abort? Retry? Fail?" and wondering.....isn't there a fourth option?

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                        X