No announcement yet.

confession time: I actually like the movie Independence Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, all men are created equal I guess.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Worst. Film. Ever.

Comment

Worst. Post. Ever.

:P
        be free

Comment

It was the worst film ever, then I saw Closer
          Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Worst. Sandwich. Ever.

Comment

I heard that movie "Flyboys" they have now in theatres is from the same team that made ID4? Well, I read a review saying it's like "Pearl Harbour", just in WWI.....
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                They attacked the cities because that's where the people live. The aliens sought to exterminate Humanity and take the planet's resources, not enslave us. This was explained in the scene at Area-51 where the live alien held the scientist hostage and was telepathically melting the President's brain.
                Yeah, I just assumed they'd already decided our best weapons were **** and couldn't do any damage, so they just went straight for wiping out our pop.

Although it doesn't explain why they sent some of their fighters out to die needlessly, when we couldn't break their shields (with weapons) on any of the big ships.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  I heard that movie "Flyboys" they have now in theatres is from the same team that made ID4? Well, I read a review saying it's like "Pearl Harbour", just in WWI.....
                  Now in theatres?

Old Europe really needs to stop living in the past.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

In some cases - like Spidey 3 - we had our release dates earlier than the US. Sometimes it's also worldwide release at the same time. But often it's not.

I blame evil Hollywood aggressors for not releasing movies here soon enough
                    Blah

Comment

You needn't worry, Dis - y'don't have any credibility to lose.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Worst. Sandwich. Ever.
                        Eh? That looks yummy...
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Mmm... plastic
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

Yeah, I just assumed they'd already decided our best weapons were **** and couldn't do any damage, so they just went straight for wiping out our pop.

Although it doesn't explain why they sent some of their fighters out to die needlessly, when we couldn't break their shields (with weapons) on any of the big ships.
                            What, aliens can't go out shooting and killing things for fun like Humans do?

Comment

I never understood why the aliens didn't throw asteroids onto our major cities from orbit. They could have sat untouchable in the asteriod belt and wiped out humanity's urban centres with ease before coming in to clean up the remaining population.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Perhaps they wanted to keep the biosphere intact? Asteroid impacts would have made that impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X