I Just Opened My First Bottle of Guinness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Opened My First Bottle of Guinness

First one I've ever tried. It's skunk beer. I don't like it at all. I bought a 6 pack of it, and I doubt I'll finish this one.
    It sucks.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

what?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I personally don't like Guiness, but honestly, if you want to give it a real chance, you need a good bartender that knows how to pour a pint of it correctly.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

What I like best is the bottle. It's different than most. Maybe it's not cold enough. It says Serve Extra Cold. I'll but them in the freezer.

Comment

You got it in a can???
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This curvaceous bottle.

Comment

Yep, it's much better from a tap.

I didn't like beer before I tried Guinness, personally...
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

The stuff we get here is definitely skunky compared to fresh kegs in Ireland. Heck, in Ireland, they diss the Guiness served in London as being stale.

Sloww, have you ever had stout before?
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    I personally don't like Guiness, but honestly, if you want to give it a real chance, you need a good bartender that knows how to pour a pint of it correctly.
                    Yeah, it shoudl be illegal to have one's first Guinness canned. Get a poured one, then make your mind up. But don't try to scull it. That's asking for pain. Think of it like a meal. You almost DO need to eat a Guinness.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I don't think I've had stout, no. I like this bottle. I've decided to see if the 2nd one tastes any better.

Comment

I think that Guinness is one of the world's most overrated beers. It's weak and lacks flavor. Granted, I've never been to Ireland, I don't really like stouts that much, and I don't really like British-Irish pub beers (Boddingtons, Belhaven, etc.) that much.

If I have to drink a mass produced British beer, I'll take a Bass every time. British Pale Ales are delicious (as are British Brown ales and IPAs.)
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          I don't think I've had stout, no. I like this bottle. I've decided to see if the 2nd one tastes any better.
                          Then make sure its cold, and if the bottle has pouring instructions, follow them. Also make sure you are using the right glass. Otherwise you will simply be butchering the beer.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It took me a while to get used to it, by the third one you should like it better
                            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

It says to drink it straight from the bottle. I've never had instructions on the bottle before.

Comment

Working...
                              X