Russia to temporarily withdraw from Treaty on Conventional Forces in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saras
    And Lithuanians. But we're small and don't matter.
    You are Slavs, for You are Poles

Latvians are Poles too. Latgalians at least.

I am hesitant towards Estonians.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™
      I swear I didn't make Lonestar post that.
      Expect me to believe that?
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Another article for you to read.

As Bush hosts Putin to repair fraying ties, a mood of misgiving rooted in the 1990s looms over the summit.

"In the early '90s, Russia would have gladly join(ed) a new security system in Europe, but we were rejected, and NATO was expanded instead," says Sergei Karaganov, chair of the Council on Foreign and Defense Policies, an influential Moscow think tank. "NATO was created to oppose the Soviet Union, and its main effect is still to isolate Russia."

That view is echoed by Gavril Popov, Moscow's popular mayor during the tumultuous and hope-filled days that led up to the USSR's collapse. He was a staunch reformist and coleader of a pro-democracy movement that played a key role in Russia's decision to abandon communism and join the Western-led world community.

It's a bit jarring, then, to hear Mr. Popov today enumerate a long list of ways he believes the West – particularly the US – failed to offer Russia meaningful help after the Soviet Union faded, and even contributed to the social and political problems that followed.
        Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

• Short version of article

"Russian reformists say, West paying attention to Poland, Balts, etc undermined us"

That may well be so, but turning our backs on Poland, Czecho, the Balts wouldnt have made Yeltsin sober or honest, and wouldnt have prevented the disorder in Russia in the 90s. All we'd have would be Russia under Putin or someone like him, and with Poland et al NOT in NATO, and facing a much harder time bringing them in.

The article yet again mentions the "what if Russia had missiles in Cuba" red herring.

Pray tell, what country in Latin America opposes Russian policy in the way that Iran threatens Western policy?
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• I think there's an important bit missing from your short version.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
            X