Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laziness. I have done cardio 6 time in a week in the past 4 months (only 30 minutes sessions, I have recently been trying to make most of them be 1 hour sessions). Also, after weights when I am sore I often skip exercising for a day or two, this might not be a great idea.

I would want to talk to my doctor (due to high blood pressure) before doing heavier pushing than I am now. Currently I try to keep my Cardio between 150-160 (although like today, I often push it above 160 for periods of time)... I also try to do more reps and less weight rather than more weight and less reps.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• You don't need an hour of cardio. I only do about 30min as well. My routine when cutting goes like this:

Cardio in the morning 30min on an empty stomach, don't eat for 1 hour after. I always do cardio in the morning and weight lift in the evening.

Mondays: cardio, Chest, abs
      Tuesdays: cardio twice (once in evening, once in morning)
      Wednesdays: Cardio, back, shoulders
      Thursdays: double cardio
      Fridays: cardio, biceps, triceps, abs
      Saturdays: double cardio
      Sundays: Legs, cardio

When cutting I try eat 500 calories below maintinence level. There are 3500 calories in pound of fat. Some of that will be muscle, but I manage to make most of it fat and I lose about a pound a week. Right now I'm bulking and I'm gaining about 5 pounds a week right now (I'm on steroids). When I'm bulking naturally I gain about 1 pound a week. Obviously you have to take water weight into account so it's not all muscle.

Comment

• I think KH has the system down. Be smart first and foremost, then figure out how to get the most out of your body.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by EyesOfNight
          ...(I'm on steroids)...
          And then you lecture me on drinking alcohol
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ok, first of all, you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. If you want to build muscle mass, you're going to put on some fat. What is your current body fat percentage? Also, if you're trying to lose weight, it's ok to have a mainly fat and protein diet. When I cut I'm on 20% carbs, and the rest is fat and protein. For example, right now I"m at 15% body fat because I'm bulking. However, I can easily get myself back down around 10% when I'm cutting. It's a simple rule, you're going to put on fat when you bulk, and you're going to lose some muscle when you cut, the net gain is what is important. Since you're basically just starting off, it's possible to put on muscle and lose weight at the same time, but it's very short lived. You need to hammer out a better program and do some serious reading if you're serious about putting on that much muscle and losing weight. 10-20lb of muscle is A LOT. Go here:

bodybuilding.com
            bodybuilding.com/forum
            Rubbish! You can recomposition your body with a smart routine - it's only those who have been lifting for 12 months+ who can't lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Why? Steroids have less side effects than alcohol and I don't think alcohol has the added side of putting on muscle.

Rubbish! You can recomposition your body with a smart routine - it's only those who have been lifting for 12 months+ who can't lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously.
              If you're able to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time for months on end then I'd like to see this and I assume this is all natural without any help. From my own experience over the years, it's not possible. From everyone I've talked to in gyms to personal trainers to forums, it's not possible. It's only possible when you first start out because you are starting with no muscle.

Comment

Why? Steroids have less side effects than alcohol and I don't think alcohol has the added side of putting on muscle.

If you're able to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time for months on end then I'd like to see this and I assume this is all natural without any help. From my own experience over the years, it's not possible. From everyone I've talked to in gyms to personal trainers to forums, it's not possible. It's only possible when you first start out because you are starting with no muscle.
                It also depends on genetics, working hard enough and having a sound nutrition timing plan. I've done it.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• And you know this how? I think you're full of ****. Either you're a total beginner and you fall under what I and many others have said, or you have found the holy grail of weight lifting.

Comment

And you know this how? I think you're full of ****. Either you're a total beginner and you fall under what I and many others have said, or you have found the holy grail of weight lifting.
                    A beginner wouldn't be dipping BW + 30kg ?
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Is that supposed to be impressive? I think I'll stick with what everyone else says over what you say.

Comment

Is that supposed to be impressive? I think I'll stick with what everyone else says over what you say.
                        I would say it shows intermediacy.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Why not check each other's credibility by sending each other pictures of your bodies? Oiled, of course, so the definition is enhanced.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• According to my scale, I am down to 19% BF.

I don't think anyone would want to see me shirtless, oiled or not... in fact, one of my goals is to lose weight so I feel more attractive.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I was about to lecture Eyes' on the negative effects of steroids, but then I realized I don't want him to spoil the lives of innocent children. So let's all keep hush hush about them effects

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                                Why not check each other's credibility by sending each other pictures of your bodies? Oiled, of course, so the definition is enhanced.
                                The most feet-on-the-ground post so far in this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X