Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it has to do with biochemistry

Comment

• Probably.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
        I can sit on my ass eating nothing but doughnuts, peanut butter, and pudding for 6 months and not gain a pound, I don't even put on fat. (And yes, I've actually done this.) I lose a couple pounds and some muscle tone if I don't exersize regularly, but that's it.
        I'm the same. It makes putting on muscle harder (I REALLY need to eat like a pig), but at least when I get older I won't get fat
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

You can step off a bit, but you will tend to lose muscle you have gained if you don't continue to lift at a significant percentage of your max ability.

I see
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• okay I'm here to finally admit it. I've only worked out a couple of times since being fired. . I need to get back. I need some motivation.

Comment

• You just have to kick yourself to go work out. You will feel better from the endorphins after you do. That will make it easier to get back into it once you do it a couple times in a row.

It was kinda hard for me to get back into it after a miscarriage, but it was easy after kicking myself into gear.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                Yeah, I have found cutting back very hard...especially when there is an absolute abundance of biscuits at work. I've always been a sucker for a biccie...
                We used to have a biscuit club. Of course, now that I'd paid up, I'd have to take full advantage, right?
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                  I thought it would be best to consume such shakes within 30 minutes AFTER the workout, since your muscle cells are scrambling for more protein to recover from being torn by the exercises.

And I do keep myself well hydrated with water throughout the day, to prevent kidney damage from the increased intake of protein.
                  You needs high-GI carbs and protein after a workout. I'd stick to 40g dextrose, 40g protein immediately after. That's 400 cals give or take a few. An hour or so after, have a similar size meal but with low-GI carbs instead.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                    Ah so eating 1-2 eggs per day does not increase protein intake on a kidney dangerous level, so it's just the cholesterole... or was that one of those lies from the 80s?
                    Dietary cholesterol is good for you, and you need some saturated fat for hormone control and production.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Is pasta good or bad for workout? Before or after?
                      Before or after, just make sure it's wholemeal pasta.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

I'm the same. It makes putting on muscle harder (I REALLY need to eat like a pig), but at least when I get older I won't get fat
                        Naturally skinny people can really suffer when it comes to putting on mass.

One main thing to take from this thread is that everyone's bodytype is different and while some advice is generic, to get a good routine going you need to be able to sculpt it to serve your requirements. If you're naturally lardy, reduce the carbs. If you're naturally skinny, fill up as much as you can on good calories. And then supplement them with liquid cals (drink milk, olive oil, etc) if you can't eat enough..
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Being naturally skinny tends to be viewed in a positive light, as most people seem to want weight loss from their exercise regime. But it's actually more of a pain in the ass.

I need to eat a lot more than is comfortable to gain weight. And having seen the size of LordShiva's arms I laugh at his claims of being a hardgainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Being naturally skinny tends to be viewed in a positive light, as most people seem to want weight loss from their exercise regime. But it's actually more of a pain in the ass.

I need to eat a lot more than is comfortable to gain weight. And having seen the size of LordShiva's arms I laugh at his claims of being a hardgainer.
                            I've not seen the pic of Shiva..

I know a lot of people who have gone from being chubby to losing weight and realising they just look like a smaller version of their old selves..still the old moobs, sagging gut, double chin, just on a smaller scale. Incorporate weights into a weightloss regime and body recompositioning will work wonders in terms of shape improvement.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                              I had to work my ass off for those, and eat ~5,000 calories a day (more on workout days).
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• I'll tell you what, post a really skinny pic of you, and I'll believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X