Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller

I have been told best is before and after. Second best is after.

Jon Miller
    (different foods before and after in general, bananas before, for example)
    (I know they aren't protien)

I will try the whey protein shake before then, starting today with my workout. But I don't think I'm going to decrease the serving size.

I want to gain quite a bit of muscle weight.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I don't do whey protein for general principle. Do I need counselling?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

I will try the whey protein shake before then, starting today with my workout. But I don't think I'm going to decrease the serving size.

I want to gain quite a bit of muscle weight.
        Consume the same amount, just do it in two servings instead of one - once before, once after.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
          Ah so eating 1-2 eggs per day does not increase protein intake on a kidney dangerous level, so it's just the cholesterole... or was that one of those lies from the 80s?
          2 eggs is only 12 grams of protein. That's virtually nothing.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• But it adds nicely to the daily intake. Now how about that cholesterole?

Comment

• Don't worry about it. 2 eggs won't do much.

Besides, fear of cholesterol is cultivated by teh evil drug companies to sell more statins
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• In Germany we're told "no more than 1 egg per day". In italy they're told 1 week. In spain they eat tortilla every day which is an omeletee with potatoe, and later beefsteak with eggs. So they have an intake of about 2-3 eggs per day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

While that kind of approach can work in the short term, if someone doesn't keep that level of activity and caloric intake up; they will gain all the weight back. Restricting calories and increasing activity does lead to weight loss... but it doesn't necessarily build an efficient metabolism that will lead to keeping the weight off.

I would agree that "people aren't trying" with regards to making lifestyle choices that will lead to fat loss (not just weight loss). But there is no need to run that much per day and restrict oneself to a certain number of calories in order to lose fat and increase the metabolism. In fact, an effective lifestyle and nutrition plan does not count calories at all. Diet is about avoiding bad foods, eating good foods; getting at least 35-50g of fiber per day, and eating some protein (preferably plant based) with every meal. As long as someone is getting light to moderate physical activity, they will lose fat. The more they exercise, the faster they will lose it. One should just increase carbohydrate intake as one increases the amount of activity. But it should preferably good sources of carbs, like whole grains, fruits, beans, nuts, etc... pastas are bad and will lead to a slower metabolism.

BTW, I've lost 70 pounds since August of 2005.

I don't know my body fat %. It's probably around 8% or so. Last November it was just below 10% and since then I've gained an inch on my chest measurement and 2 inches on my bicep. I can now bench over 300 pounds, run below a 6 minute mile, and play 3-4 hours of hockey and still not be tired.

Not everyone has the determination to work hard to lose weight the way I did. For other people it may take longer. And people shouldn't be called "lazy" if they can't go out and run 5-8km every day. That is simply not for everyone. But by making simple lifestyle changes, people can lose fat. It is not hard. It just takes patience and a positive attitude. There is much more to it than exercise.
                  The voice of reason. Congrats on the weight loss, btw. I'm 6 feet tall and I weight 195 lbs. I want to drop at 180 lbs.

Some people here are really anal-retentive or suffer from OCD or have an inclination for ascetism.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Different people react different ways to cholesterol....you really have learned from at least one checkup in your life how your body reacts to it. Some people can eat a lot of it and have no ill effects.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Is pasta good or bad for workout? Before or after?

Comment

• Very good for after.

Comment

• Good, before....and it can be long before. Usually hotels that host marathons server big pasta dinners the night before.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• I think it turns out that a good bit of egg choelesteral is the good type, HDL.

I Think that my choelesteral issues (I no longer have, btw) were because of too much cheese and not enough exercise. Mostly not enough exercise.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

Consume the same amount, just do it in two servings instead of one - once before, once after.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I eat 1-2 pasta meals a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X