Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was eating ~1.5 lbs of chicken breast a day.

I'm still getting a lot of protein, but not as much. I also made sure to drink water by the liter (otherwise you can get kidney problems from too much protein)
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I am tempted to link to the forum where I have a thread that details my exercise and diet for the last year.

Jon Miller
      (lost 20-30 pounds over a couple months a year ago, been pretty steady since)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I found that as far as lifestyle goes, portions are a good start. I took a food look at the amount of stuff I was eating per mean, and looking back it was ridiculous.

Its hard to cut portions at first, but you eventually get used to it. I couldn't eat as much as I was before if I tried, would make me sick.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
          I found that as far as lifestyle goes, portions are a good start. I took a food look at the amount of stuff I was eating per mean, and looking back it was ridiculous.

Its hard to cut portions at first, but you eventually get used to it. I couldn't eat as much as I was before if I tried, would make me sick.
          qft

I used to eat 2 sandwhiches every day at lunch at work.

I cut back to 1. I also minimized my breakfast. But out sugar sodas. And just like that I lost 50 pounds.

It just takes discipline to hold to eating less. That's not easy for a lot of people.

I excersize not for the health benefits. But because I want to look more masculine.

Comment

• Yeah, I have found cutting back very hard...especially when there is an absolute abundance of biscuits at work. I've always been a sucker for a biccie...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Yeah, but are you eating those biscuits for hunger or entertainment. I used to eat because I was bored. I solved that problem by not having snack food in the house.

In the Navy, especially on a ship underway, there is food everywhere all the time. Alot due to the long and strange hours, most people are addicted to caffine/suger ie soda. I cut out the soda just like dis (first by switching to diet and then all together) and lost 10 pouns withing a month. Then whenever I got a craving for snack food I went and worked out. If I couldn't do that at the time I drank alot of water to fill me up.

So by controling portions and junk food, I lost most of the weight I wanted. I work out soley to look/feel better. So much more energy now.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                I get them mainly in the biceps and in an arc from anterior deltoid to pectoral.

I do try to drink fruit juice or soda after workout in addition to 50 g of protein or so. They really aren't that bad, though. They don't bug me like pain from actual injury. You know they're going away within a day.

I put 75 grams of whey protein powder with 20 ounces of milk after every workout. On days I do not workout, I decrease it to 50 grams of whey protein powder.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                  I put 75 grams of whey protein powder with 20 ounces of milk after every workout. On days I do not workout, I decrease it to 50 grams of whey protein powder.
                  That's a bit much, especially with the milk - some of it is going to waste. Split it up into two shakes, and take one 30 minutes before working out.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• I thought it would be best to consume such shakes within 30 minutes AFTER the workout, since your muscle cells are scrambling for more protein to recover from being torn by the exercises.

And I do keep myself well hydrated with water throughout the day, to prevent kidney damage from the increased intake of protein.

Comment

• But protein takes a while to metabolize.

Even things like caffeine don't hit your body until about 30 minutes after intake.

If you work out at the time the protein hits your system, your body will be using it.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Then I'm getting conflicting information.

First I find out I should consume the extra protein within 30 minutes after my workout.

Now you guys are telling me to do so within 30 minutes before my workout.

Comment

• How much protein is in an average boiled egg of the size they sell nowdays? How much in a steak chicken breast (200g)?

Comment

• average boiled egg is 6g of protien (over 30% protien)

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                              Then I'm getting conflicting information.

First I find out I should consume the extra protein within 30 minutes after my workout.

Now you guys are telling me to do so within 30 minutes before my workout.
                              I have been told best is before and after. Second best is after.

Jon Miller
                              (different foods before and after in general, bananas before, for example)
                              (I know they aren't protien)
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Ah so eating 1-2 eggs per day does not increase protein intake on a kidney dangerous level, so it's just the cholesterole... or was that one of those lies from the 80s?

Comment

Working...
                                X