No announcement yet.

How Much Do You Save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing. I cant save money if I have debt that inflates faster than savings.

Thatll change soon enough.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
      ie, retired parents and shunted to a state college at 16
      No, I've been state educated at our local comprehensive/primary for all my schooling (and loved it there, incidentally). And while my dad has now retired, my brother still got extra funding while he was working and just before I went to uni (he retired the year I started). My dad was a scientist all his life, in the UK that doesn't pay too well. Scarily clever guy, but was content being reasonably comfortable. My mum also works part time.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
        I've just lost £30,000 of savings by getting screwed up the chain on a property deal. At least, that's what it'll cost extra to get an equivalent place now after 6 months of rampant property inflation while waiting on a place only to get dumped on. I don't know how many years of scrimping that took, but it was a lot a sacrifice. All gone down the drain thanks to some greedy pirate.
        Have the sellers pulled out? Or have they just tried to hike the price? Be firm with them if you can't afford it. If they pull out, then but they may decide they can afford to not increase the price so much if it means they can go ahead.
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
        X