How Much Do You Save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Do You Save?

At the moment I'm putting away £500 a month, it builds up quite nicely Given that this month was bonus-time I've supplemented that as well.

Do you regularly save and if so how much?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

It's all I can say...

Edited: The cruel fact is that a man with two kids and ex wife can't save anything...
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Almost all of my entire meager temporary 500$ a month salary.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

tuber andb i save a few hundred a pay check, if we cant then we dont, but most of our savings gets padded by a huge federal income tax i recieve each year. We are well into 5 figures for our savings and we dont touch it. we live off our checks that go into our checking. I was looking into investing ideas, Dan s gave me a few but i am still investagiting
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Re: How Much Do You Save?

Originally posted by Doddler
          At the moment I'm putting away £500 a month, it builds up quite nicely Given that this month was bonus-time I've supplemented that as well.

Do you regularly save and if so how much?

8% of my gross into a registered retirement plan
          an additional 12% in stocks and non-registered funds

No other savings except to the extent increasing the speed at whic we pay off a mortgage is savings
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Including my automatic 401(k) contributions, I try to save $2,000-$2,500 a month.

Less in the spring, now that teh girls are clubbing in teh short skirts again
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Why don't you save us the burden of posting here ?
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

300$ a week.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I used to save alot. I don't know why. I like to save for rainy days. Good thing, as I'm unemployed now. . I can take many months off. Maybe even a year. But I'll get back to work soon.

Comment

negative something or other. Until I start this new job I got, then I'm probably going to be saving about a grand a year total, maybe more. Don't know for certain, but I ought to be OK after I start.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

None, any spare money gets paid off my mortage.

Comment

For the last year, about $4K a month.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

10% of income to 401K:

about $122 every two weeks

+ employer contribution:.....

.60 to evey dollar for the first 4%...wtf
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Oh, we're counting pensions?

£100 a month then, which won't be worth bugger all when I retire...

Comment

15 % of salary goes to retirement, $500 each month on mortgage (paid in 9 years) and some $1000 each month that just piles up on my bank account.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X