N95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannubis
    Not my company, God no... the one our engagement is for. And I am pretty sure my consulting company kicks your pittyfull little bands tiny arse...
    Well, it depends. What does your company do?

Our consulting company is personally recommended to organizations by Steve Ballmer when they want something done right. Margins are very good, there's a waiting list for projects.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Maybe Steve Balmer should get his act together and do it right himself

As far as my company goes, I can only speak for the basic materials part, but margins have never been better and the waiting lists have never been so long... because we are in a global upturn
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

So you work with materials?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Well, my future company won't be a big success, but it'll make me rich and the other founders who want to make it nice. I reckon that's enough
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Spike on metals - mainly steel (member of a so-called SWAT team ) Lets say I either advise companies on how to build steelplants or on how to run them...

Comment

Well, I think that settles that, then.

I'll consult you when I wanna know how steel dictates the world's economy.

Comment

Az, look at any major business in the world and tell me it is not completely Asia oriented for the moment... except maybe banking.
                Software? Internet services? Hell, most of high tech is still dominated by North America. Europe is hardly represented at all.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How insightfull of you.

I am just going to work on a project so that the said steel company can make the tubes that are required in the new supercritical boilers powerplants will have to work on...

Good luck with your computer if you don't have power, techy

Comment

How insightfull of you.

I am just going to work on a project so that the said steel company can make the tubes that are required in the new supercritical boilers powerplants will have to work on...

Good luck with your computer if you don't have power, techy
                    What kind of powerplants are you talking about?

Steel is a mature, boring industry with relatively slim profits. In short, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Software? Internet services? Hell, most of high tech is still dominated by North America. Europe is hardly represented at all.
                      Only in words...

The real programming is done by Indians... (or so the cliche goes)

And where did I say that Europe was well represented on the software side?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

What kind of powerplants are you talking about?

Steel is a mature, boring industry with relatively slim profits. In short, it doesn't matter.
                        Computer programming is obsolete the day you finish your program... it does not matter

Comment

Computer programming is obsolete the day you finish your program... it does not matter
                          The world constantly changes. This statement is so incredibly false that it discredits everything you will say for the next 2.5 weeks.

And what kind of powerplants are you talking about? Coal-fired?

As a sidenote, the software program I'm working on right now was "completed" in 1996. It's quadrupled in size since then and there's a massive "to do" list that'll take about 5 years to do.

Comment

No, it isn't obsolete then. Actually many times the major work begans after that. Face it, you have no idea what software engineering is about.....
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I mean, when the last line of code is tehre, that's when ti really starts. Maintaining the software is a huge part of it all... then patching it, making new versions, selling it, consulting, training.. there's tons of things that happens afterwards. It's actually one of the products that has a longer life cycle than most other types of products, in all meanings of the term.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Only in words...

The real programming is done by Indians... (or so the cliche goes)
                                The Indian programming outsourcing is for the codemonkey work. It's the equivalent to outsourcing construction of buildings to Mexicans.

All of the challenging and mostly profitable stuff is done by professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X