N95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N95

It finally happened. My old Nokia 8110, which was almost 10 years old (1998 make) and which I stubbornly refused to replace (hey, it worked well if charged daily) finally went to a better place. I guess. I left it in a bus, I think.

So it's now time to go shopping and I'm seriously looking for a new phone. I haven't been completely out of the loop, I know what modern phones can do and I want a top of the line machine. Any suggestions? At the moment I'm drooling over this baby:

If possible I want it all: GPS, 3G, camera, as many computer abilities as possible. I want it to be great so I can impress my geek buddies. For girls, I have the Ferrari my irresistible personal charm and wit. I'll post pics of some other models I'm considering.

Comment

HTC TyTN / MDA Vario II and a host of other names. Not bad, I think...

Comment

N95 is nice, but supposedly has a weak battery. That is, this baby sucks the life out of it quite fast. And computer abilities as in ? Do you want to be able to play around with the software, upload apps and stuff, or ... like do you want a palm instead?
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

MDA Pro / HTC ... I forget. My initial choice...

Comment

All of those are merely toys...

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              N95 is nice, but supposedly has a weak battery. That is, this baby sucks the life out of it quite fast. And computer abilities as in ? Do you want to be able to play around with the software, upload apps and stuff, or ... like do you want a palm instead?
              I don't know about software. I never had a smarthphone before so I don't know what to look for. But since I am willing to spend top money I want it to have everything today's technology can give and the kitchen sink

Comment

I've considered BlackBerry (and still am) but it's weaker than those I mentioned before. What sells it is it's superb email handling ability, but others can nowadays do that too, plus a ton of other things BlackBerry can't. It's cheaper, but also less feature-packed.

Comment

VetLegion, first of all what you want is, if you're going to spend some and get something nice, do not make a quick decision. You want to do some studying, because you can make a helluva change within the same price range. Plus, you need to know more what you want, like Asher points out, there's BlackBerry, then there's.. there's all kinds of devices out there these days.

But if you want actual features and stuff, do not buy the iPhone. It's quite funny that it's been praised to be the biggest technological advancement, but even now, it's features are maybe 2 years behind of ALL the real market leaders. It's purely design and marketing goody, that is it. I'm nto saying it isn't nice, but please, don't buy into the crap that it's the latest tech. It's not, it's grossly behind. It is cool looking though.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I was looking at the Treo 750 and Moto Q the other day, but I'm going to hold off signing a new contract until better phones are available
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The funniest part about iPhone is, that people are already furiously defending it, even though we know the features are few years behind, and thus the overpricing in it is quite substancial, I mean ****, cut half and you still aren't in the proper range with the tech. So why would people defend it furiously? Because they're going to buy it, and they don't want to feel like idiots, so they're saying it's the best thing since sliced bread.

No one argues that the design is bad, it's quite nice. But they're paying so much for the brand alone, so they don't want to feel like idiots so they'll just say it's soooo great, so they don't feel like suckers. Self deception at its best. Apple has made it good, since there's hordes of idiots defending their clearly inferior device in advance, then paying more than double the real value (feature based), and smiling with it That's brand loyalty, I have to give to Apple, they're best at it.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                        I've considered BlackBerry (and still am) but it's weaker than those I mentioned before. What sells it is it's superb email handling ability, but others can nowadays do that too, plus a ton of other things BlackBerry can't. It's cheaper, but also less feature-packed.
                        Don't look at feature checklists.

The others all suck software-wise. There's a reason Blackberry pwns the business world.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Pekka I am doing some research into features, but I need a new phone fast so I'm probably buying next week. The problem here is that I can either

1. Pay the full price, which is overblown on purpose for force people to...
                          2. Sign 1 or 2 year contracts, which I refuse and am left with...
                          3. Import
                          4. Black market/second hand

I'm very distrustful of second hand phones, so I may need to pay the full price which is a bit higher than abroad . But importing is a huge hassle, so it's not an option. Anyway, back to surfing product pages... man, there are some great toys out there!

Comment

blackberry owning business world, and how do you back that up? Even if it was the most dominant device in NA, it still doesn't own the world just yet..
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Don't look at feature checklists.

The others all suck software-wise. There's a reason Blackberry pwns the business world.
                              I'm a techie . I think I can handle software. Corporate execs are... probably not into technology that much, so they need simpler interfaces and whatnot.

Comment

Working...
                              X