What is wrong with love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with love?

Love screws up the brain. That's the only thing I can think of. It makes you do stupid things. Like shoot a whole bunch of people. I fail to see any good use for it.

From an evolutionary standpoint is love really necessary for the propagation of the species? We already have hormones that cause us to want to ****. Why is it necessary to love someone? We also have hormones that cause the mother to take care of her offspring. That's a different kind of love.

Or perhaps love is just a byproduct of having a large brain. It still seems possible to have a large brain, and not have emotions though.

I still say love will only bring you down.

my love for you has brought me nothing but joy
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

though a lot of musicians and singers would be out of love. What would they sing about?

Comment

how much they love their bling

I know that's how I roll

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          though a lot of musicians and singers would be out of love. What would they sing about?
          Drugs
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Love Hurts

Love Stinks

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

oh god!!!! the hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why did I make this thread? That's the price I pay. Blackcat should be banned for showing such a hairdo.

Comment

Re: What is wrong with love?

Originally posted by Dis
                  Love screws up the brain. That's the only thing I can think of. It makes you do stupid things. Like shoot a whole bunch of people.
                  You're confusing love with obsession.
                  Love makes you happy.
                  Obsession makes you miserable ...and crazy.

Comment

Love can lead to obsession if one is not careful (though usually not on THAT scale!!).
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's Not Love

Don't Tell Me You Love Me

(Hmmm, can't think of any positive songs with love in the title.)

Oh, does Whole Lotta Love count?

So This is Love

Sunshine of Your Love (OK, maybe I can.)
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        oh god!!!! the hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why did I make this thread? That's the price I pay. Blackcat should be banned for showing such a hairdo.

Nah, if you were old enough to have live in the 70'es you would see it as pure nostalgic

Besides that, that piece of music was really a "birdcatcher" back then
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Nah, if you were old enough to have live in the 70'es you would see it as pure nostalgic

Besides that, that piece of music was really a "birdcatcher" back then
                          It's a good song. I still love the song. I love a lot of music from the 70's.

But the hair styles and clothes need to be burned and never mentioned again.

Comment

blame snl for getting me to like this song. I do like this song

Comment

More non love

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X