X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MRT144
    if you mourn the killer he will steal your soul
    Don't roll your eyes. I was pointing out that 33 was the total people who died rather than the number of people he killed, which was 32. I don't think his life deserves to be lumped in with the rest of them.

If you want to mourn him as a wasted life, then go ahead. He shouldn't be mourned in the same way as his victims.
    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

• So we have an east asian kid (19) looking for his girlfriend, and started shooting people in rage?

What's the probability this girl cheated on him?

Did he find the girl? Did she get shot? If the girl showed up, would the guy have continued killing?
      be free

Comment

• Who else finds it suspicious that so little information is released?
        be free

Comment

• i mourn for all those that dies senselessly.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Last edited by MRT144; April 17, 2007, 00:25.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144
              I also mourn for sources that peg this guy as asian. cite reference!
              There was a hoax by an Asian guy who was fingered as the culprit.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
                  So we have an east asian kid (19) looking for his girlfriend, and started shooting people in rage?
                  No one knows as of this point in time WRT why he started shooting others.

What's the probability this girl cheated on him?
                  Irrelevant. Having a cheating girlfriend or boyfriend is no excuse to lay waste to one life, let alone dozens.

Did he find the girl? Did she get shot? If the girl showed up, would the guy have continued killing?
                  Reports indicate he found the girl and killed her. He also killed the female resident assistant (RA) that intervened. Current understanding is that the two young women were the first victims.

No idea why the individual started shooting again. Just got done reading a wire story stating that one of his victims, a young woman, was shot in the mouth and died. Really tough to read. God, I can only imagine the horror for the victims' friends and families.

Gatekeeper
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

[q=Korn469]
                    This is not only the worst College attack in history according to MSNBC, but I was thinking it's probably one of the worst mass murders in US history.[/q]
                    It's the deadliest, period, according to CNN.
                    If you mean worst mass shooting period, sadly that is not the case; the Port Arthur massacre in Tasmania on 28th April 1996 claimed 35 lives.

EDIT: Added Korn469's comment for context
                    Last edited by Tim_Augustus; April 18, 2007, 08:20.

Comment

• Apparently they recently tightened the gun laws in VA...

Now you can ONLY buy one gun a month!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Generally, I'm all for weapon restrictions, but if everybody carried guns in school, events like this would be restricted to a handful victims each time. The shooter would be outgunned by his victims as soon as the initial moment of surprise is over.

On the other hand, these events would happen in some school every day, so the number of total victims would be much higher. There's always some pissed off juvenile somewhere, who must get revenge for someone stepping on his toes.
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• On the other hand, these events would happen in some school every day, so the number of total victims would be much higher. There's always some pissed off juvenile somewhere, who must get revenge for someone stepping on his toes.
                          And how many of those would actually kill someone and how many of those would be willing to die the instant they pulled out their gun and started open firing? These aren't juveniles either, they're adults. This was a university the last time I checked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim_Augustus

If you mean worst mass shooting period, sadly that is not the case; the Port Arthur massacre in Tasmania on 28th April 1996 claimed 35 lives.
                            Last time I checked, Tasmania was not a US state.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Cho Seung-Hui, a 23-year old student from Fairfax County (Washington, D.C. suburb) and a South Korean citizen.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• 1. Tasmania isn't in the US. You're just as bad as the wonks who say the worst massacre was Little Big Horn, Tim.

2. Stop trying to politicize this event with ****ing "gun control". The guy was obviously broken. If he really wanted to kill his girlfriend, the presence of guns wouldn't have stopped him; nor would the lack of guns.

3. The guy who you posted up there, MRT, is the wrong guy. Good job contributing to internet mob justice.

4. Because asswipes insist on politicizing this, let me throw race into the mix. You know why this was the worst rampage in US history? Because an Asian did it. Positive stereotypes and all, he's just a ****ing overacheiver, and he had to outdo that dude in the Texas Watchtower. At least he went out with a bang.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X