This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Admiral
    According to people I know at Tech, there's a rumor that this was a boyfriend looking for his ex situation.
    .... strange, are you able to have confirmation about this, and about if the two shooters were linked and by which link?(friendship, brother etc..)
    bleh

Comment

• cronos_qc

I think it was just one shooter for both shootings.

Comment

• Some people really suck.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Your country was a democracy last time I heard...
          I don't think a guy living in a country with something called the House of Lords can really talk about democracy. Also, we've always been a Republic so you obviously heard wrong. A guy like you is nothing more than pure scum. You need to be snuffed from the gene pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral
            According to people I know at Tech, there's a rumor that this was a boyfriend looking for his ex situation.
            this happened at University of Washington recently.

BTW, school schootings are so rare an occourance anyway that any benefit of everyone carrying a weapon is instantly negated by the probability of an accident.

especially when people who advocate the death of others, are the same that advocate ridiculous amounts of gun possession.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by EyesOfNight
              ... A guy like you is nothing more than pure scum. You need to be snuffed from the gene pool.
              ...and so much for the right to free speech...and well as the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

...and so much for the right to free speech...and well as the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
                remember, hes the one wanting MORE guns. If I were the police Id watch this guy closesly.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• It's just EoN. Move along.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyesOfNight

I don't think a guy living in a country with something called the House of Lords can really talk about democracy. Also, we've always been a Republic so you obviously heard wrong. A guy like you is nothing more than pure scum. You need to be snuffed from the gene pool.
                    A problem with America is that people like the above poster can have free access to guns.

How can anyone thing that giving everyone a gun will make things safer? What's next, give every country nukes? I mean it's essentially the same principle.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144

remember, hes the one wanting MORE guns. If I were the police Id watch this guy closesly.
                      Although I may not agree with what he says, I will defend with your life his right to say it.

Comment

• thanks. very lawyerly of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS
                          I bet if you had a loaded gun in your hands and you were standing next to me right now, you'd be sorely tempted to use it...
                          Perhaps, but our laws are intended to apply to human beings. You're more of an invertebrate, TBH.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
                            the majority of assault - rifle wielding soldiers aren't combat, but combat support - field techs, etc.
                            Is that a response to my post?
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                              Is that a response to my post?
                              actually i think it was a response to the "you get your aggression dose against the palestinians" line.

to respond to your points: you really exaggurate the IDF policies and training.

most troops who deal with weapons as a profession are usually really problematic and have low psychological scores.

Also as an amazingly stupid example, the son of Alperon, one of the nation's leading mafia - was accepted into special forces, and goes around with his weapon... and family bodyguards

You do have 2 or 3 examples of mobster youths using their army rifle to clear a crowd. But it is rare because of a cultural issue in my idea.

Cutting someone open with a knife is much more 'respectable' and 'justified' than spree shooting. ...

Comment

• For those who are looking for an overview of Va. Tech, here is a WaPo article...

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X