Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USAians. How many of us have yet to do our taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Mr. T., are you sure?

I'm no tax expert, but I'm under the impression that, although you get place in the tax bracket for your entire salary over the year, each state gives a tax credit for taxes paid elsewhere.

That is, if you're taxed in Texas for the money you make there, you don't get taxed for it in Oregon, and if you're taxed in Oregon for the money you make there, you don't get taxed in Texas.
    Hes as sure as i am, Texas doesnt have a state tax so i got no credit there. Oregon based thier taxes on my entire income. And I already paid the taxs they took it out of my check when i worked there over 1800 for 3 months i ended up after papers were done supposed to get 300 back still havent seen a dime of it so i dunno
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

The great thing about procrastinating on the West Coast is that you can get your tax returns in 3 hours later than the procrastinators on the East Coast.

$550 back from the feds.
      $61 back from the state.

Comment

We have till midnight tonight right Zkrib? I'm waiting for a call from my accountant...
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yeah, but then you have to find a post office that's still open.

Someone moved my post office. I looked around, though, and found a post office box with a 4:30 pick up. --a whole hour to spare.

Comment

The deadline was a few days ago so if you haven't done your taxes yet you'd better come up with a good excuse.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Since when does one equal a few?
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Oerdin made his post 11 minutes past the deadline, Pacific time...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                X