Reasons you wouldn't want to be Jewish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7) Trying to properly pronounce Chanukah
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

American Education Result ^^

Jews are comparable to Canadians.

u r smrt
      I'd have to say, in a hypothetical war between Israel and Canada, you'd get your ass handed to you.
      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
        I'd have to say, in a hypothetical war between Israel and Canada, you'd get your ass handed to you.
        You really think so, considering that such an action would result in an incredible amount of backlash from the world against Israel for such aggression.

Canada's best weapon is it's good standing in the world. Don't discount that because, as an American, you know nothing about it.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

You really think so, considering that such an action would result in an incredible amount of backlash from the world against Israel for such aggression.

Canada's best weapon is it's good standing in the world. Don't discount that because, as an American, you know nothing about it.
          Well, Israel hasn't ever seemed to care in the past if an action resulted in a backlash. And as for good standing, that can be a liability. See, as Americans, we can invade countries, torture people, ignore the UN, and basically do **** all we want, and people will be like, there goes American, being an ******* again. Whereas if you started pulling some of the **** we've been pulling, people would be outraged.
          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Canada would never pull the ****, and that's because we are a nation of principle and not of pandering.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Canada = Moral lighthouse of the world
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Schvitzing.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral

Oh I dunno, Israel couldn't even handle a few greatly outnumbered and outgunned Hezbollah militia types - let alone a modern army...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Of course, unarmed UN troops - now there's a different matter...

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                      Originally posted by molly bloom
                      And yes, I'm very fond of my pullover.

Pullover?
                      Many Gentiles have them. Jews on the whole, don't.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Oh I dunno, Israel couldn't even handle a few greatly outnumbered and outgunned Hezbollah militia types - let alone a modern army.
                        Even as a troll, this isn't terribly convincing.

As anyone could tell you, there is a great difference between guerilla or terrorist warfare and full-pitched battles between modern armies.

Ever heard of the Six Day War ?

Napoleon's armies couldn't defeat Spanish guerillas in the Peninsula War. The Germans couldn't eradicate all the partisans on the Eastern Front, and even had more than a little local difficulty in eradicating the Warsaw Ghetto.

It's difficult to see how the Israeli forces were meant to distinguish a Hezbollah fighter from any other Lebanese citizen, especially when they didn't want to be found.
                        Last edited by molly bloom; April 13, 2007, 06:55.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                          It's difficult to see how the Israeli forces were meant to distinguish a Hezbollah fighter from any other Lebanese citizen, especially when they didn't want to be found.
                          Easy!

They didn't bother - hence the vastly disproportionate civilian to enemy casualty ratio...

So even though the Israelis were shooting at everything that moved, they still got their asses handed to them on a plate...

Comment

What's wrong with a Noo Yoik accent, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Easy!

They didn't bother - hence the vastly disproportionate civilian to enemy casualty ratio...

So even though the Israelis were shooting at everything that moved, they still got their asses handed to them on a plate...
                              Aren't you British ?

That's 'arses', if you don't mind, you Yankee ass-licker....

I don't recall this 'ass-handing' by Hezbollah. Where did this momentous defeat of a whole army (or army group) take place ?

Comment

I would not want to have that huge nose they all have, like...
                                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                                X