Imus dropped from MSNBC for racial comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caligastia

and try to control your urge to insult anonymous internet users.
    It's a deal! - Providing you make no more

assumptions
    about people based on their skin colour, ethnicity or place of origin or residence.

By the way- I didn't insult you personally. I said your comment was stupid, and it still is.

You could have read about the furore over the Tawana Brawley case after it had occurred, and presumably when you'd reached an age at which you were able to understand written English.

Comprende ?

Read more carefully next time
    I did read it carefully. It's still stupid....
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

As I recall, we were talking about memory of the incident. How could I have a memory of it if I wasn't old enough at the time. As I already explained, the operative word in my comment was long. That's it, I'm done explaining.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
        As I recall, we were talking about memory of the incident.
        You recall incorrectly.

That bad memory of yours...

Of course, the usual race hucksters (Al & Jesse) are getting a lot of mileage out of this, but for some reason they don't feel any need to apologise for their anti-jewish comments and actions over the years.
        'Over the years'. Not remembering a single incident, but a whole series of comments and actions over a period of time, which apparently you do remember well enough to mention, though not in much detail.

Another annoying thing to consider is that Jesse Jackson has no intention of apologizing to the Duke lacrosse players, after helping to make their lives a living hell for the last year or so.
        A whole year's worth of fuss and bother there...

Like I said, I'm only repeating what O&A claimed on their show. I'd have to look into it myself to find out, but I'm just not interested enough to do so.
        Explains a lot...

Lets be sure where you're coming from:

Well I doubt the "hymietown" remark made headlines in quite the same way that Imus' comment has. And Jesse Jackson has a lot more than that to apologise for.
        So even though you're not particularly 'interested' you can still doubt whether the Jackson 'Hymietown' fuss was as big or notorious as the current Imus furore ?

I wouldn't have a memory of it anyway, as it happened long before I moved to this country.
        Right....

So New Zealand had no newspapers before you moved to the United States, allowed no foreign newspapers in, had no television, no radio, no communications with the outside world whatsoever, and definitely no libraries or archives.

Explains a lot...
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
            He's a doofus, it seems. Probably racist too, but more of a nervous, ignorant, well-aren't-those-nice-colored-folk racist than a skinhead type. I've never heard his show, this is just character assassination based on what's been in the news.

(bolding mine)

Comment

Working...
            X