Imus dropped from MSNBC for racial comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

The war is old and stale... it's celebrities where all the fun is at!
    It's only dead Iraqi m.p.s after all.

Nobody real died.....

The real question is...

Will HoHos sponsor the team ?
    Attached Files
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      You answered you own question. Before this, what were the biggest 'news' stories? Anna Nicole Smith's death and Britney Spears going nuts.

This is just another saga in celebrity misfortune that the media is falling over themselves to detail. The war is old and stale... it's celebrities where all the fun is at!
      Only to tools like you, Imran. Me, I'm on the cutting edge of social trends. Gummint-subsidized Wonderbread and NASCAR ticket giveaways are where it's really at. Or will be in another couple of months. Celebrities, pshaw.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Selective memory syndrome, eh ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...zy/jackson.htm
        I wouldn't have a memory of it anyway, as it happened long before I moved to this country.

Still, my point stands - that these race hustlers don't get called on their bs to the same extent as this Imus fracas. Where is the outrage over the Tawana Brawley incident, the Freddies Fashion Mart incident, the false accusations of the Duke lacrosse players...etc?
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

It's a big win win for the advertisers. There is no way it can hurt them. There are a million other ways for them to get their message across, that dropping out of one vehicle isn't going to hurt one bit... and they can claim they don't support racists. There is no downside for them. They aren't cowards, just smart marketers.
          Backing down because of pressure from race hustlers is cowardly IMO. It may also be smart marketing, but I suppose asking for a little integrity is too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Backing down because of pressure from race hustlers is cowardly IMO. It may also be smart marketing, but I suppose asking for a little integrity is too much.
            ****, Imus is a bad person...stop defending him.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

No worse than that scumbag, Huey Newton. At least he got shot.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

****, Imus is a bad person...stop defending him.
                I'm not defending Imus, I'm attacking the race hustlers.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  No worse than that scumbag, Huey Newton. At least he got shot.
                  Whoah, those two aren't even in the same league when it comes to scumbaggery.

Comment

Yeah, those sponsors have had their name mentioned for free in almost every news spot about the firing.

I don't think it was cowardly. If it was for something more gray line, then yes I would call the cowardly, but nappy haired hos is pretty far over the line as far as I'm concerned. As for context, I can't think of any context on a national broadcast that would make it OK.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not even the Chapelle show?

Course the big difference is Chapelle is pure genius while Imus is teh suk.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                        Or a famous rap artist?
                        Rapper's can't be stupid?

Comment

Bully! The guy deserved to be fired.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                            Red hair is a defining characteristic of being white?

Have You seen a black or yellow red-head?
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                              Yeah, those sponsors have had their name mentioned for free in almost every news spot about the firing.

I don't think it was cowardly. If it was for something more gray line, then yes I would call the cowardly, but nappy haired hos is pretty far over the line as far as I'm concerned. As for context, I can't think of any context on a national broadcast that would make it OK.
                              I agree that it was a stupid thing for Imus to say and I'm not defending it, but would the sponsors have pulled out if Sharpton hadn't made a fuss? That's what I think is cowardly - kowtowing to this despicable huckster.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

Have You seen a black or yellow red-head?
                                Yes, but it was a horrible dye-job every time.

Good to have you back, by the way.
                                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X