Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Aggressors! Coming Soon To A Theater Near You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Aggressors! Coming Soon To A Theater Near You!

Iran film 'to tell sailors' tale'

The Iranian military says it will soon release a film documenting the arrest, interrogation and statements by UK sailors held in Iran for two weeks.

It said it was a huge scandal for the UK military that some of the sailors had been allowed to sell their stories.

The military will release a CD and book about the arrest of the sailors - or, as it calls them, "British aggressors".

The statement came from the culture and propaganda office of the joint chief of staff of Iran's armed forces.

The suggestion is this film will prove Iran's contention that it treated the sailors well and they confessed to entering Iranian waters of their own volition.

The Iranian military has now supported the line of the foreign ministry, saying the British government forced the group to refute their earlier statements, making them read from a prepared text.

The Iranian military also says Britain has put on a childish show after the release of its naval personnel and instead of welcoming Iran's compassionate attitude, the UK again showed its aggressive nature and ignorance of international law.

It seems Iran and Britain are increasingly engaged in a media war over the sailors, trading accusations over their treatment nearly a week after they were set free.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I think Iran has done an amazing job exploiting this incident through the media. Today i saw a video of the sailors playing ping pong during their captivity Truly the work of a master
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Yeah, I'm sure they thought they were on an all-inclusive vacation.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I want Jason Alexander to play Ahmadinajad.

"Hand, I got hand!"
      Last edited by lord of the mark; April 10, 2007, 13:50.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

it's obvious someone forgot to put a "dont be videotaped playing ping pong" rule in the the "UK's army: what to do if the enemy gets you" handbook
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Slight oversight. It will be corrected in latest edition of regulations. Brits. You know how they are. Always looking for something nicer than London so they can enjoy life.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

British actors playing the bad guy yet again. Very original.
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

You tell them, Starchild. After all, it wasn't Attila the Geordie, now was it? No, it certainly wasn't.

Comment

These British, I mean we need to .. we need to make sure they won't start with their rubbish again.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

THIS...IS....IRAN!
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Actually they'd be the other side of that movie.

Comment

Yes Kuci...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                        British actors playing the bad guy yet again. Very original.
                        You should be happy. It means full employment for British actors.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is Mel Gibson directing?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

You should be happy. It means full employment for British actors.
                            Many British actors play American roles so well that most American viewers are unaware that they are actually British. Anecdotal example includes Hugh Laurie in House.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Yeah, I'm sure they thought they were on an all-inclusive vacation.
                              Hey, they probably had a better time than they would have had in Greece.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                              X