No announcement yet.

On Schizophrenia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 05:29.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Project less of that trouble. When in doubt, put it simple.

Otherwise if you actually put the effort to add tags to express your mood, it seems either extremely confused or plain fake.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

And I wasn't even trying. A bit like with the girls.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

You do have something to give structure to your life, right? The atheists on here would, ah, crucify me if I suggested church, but social clubs, political parties, whatever. It seems to me that if you're paranoid, it makes sense to find a group of people you trust/can learn to trust, let them serve as something of an anchor to reality. That way you'll have somebody to talk you down when you get a case of the freak-outs.

And of course, professional help, we're no substitute, all the other things that have been said before in this thread. To which I've added my $0.02.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i used to schizophrenic, but we're ok now.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 05:30.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Nice comment folks, I take back my previous criticism!
                      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ

good one!

there are a lot of stereotypes about the disease, however, that simply arent true for everyone.
                        Such as the idea that schizos have multiple personalities--Schizophrenia and Dissociative Identity Disorder are two distinct ailments.

In my psych classes, I didn't hear about "positive" and "negative" forms of schizophrenia. The prof and book both mentioned three subtypes: paranoid (what you have), catatonic (the really rare one whose sufferers can be molded into uncomfortable positions and remain that way, perfectly still, for hours) and a type I can't recall the name of, one that makes you babble gibberish relentlessly while not appearing to recognize your surroundings at all. Maybe that was old information, though.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

one that makes you babble gibberish relentlessly while not appearing to recognize your surroundings at all

YOUR_WINNER!

Comment

that is fascinating information for me. indeed i have been told that i am a paranoid-type. i honestly dont remember where i got the info about positive or negative schizophrenia.
                              You are probably talking about positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia. The positive symptoms include auditory hallucinations and stuff like that while the negative symptoms include apathy, flattened emotions etc.

Comment

Aivoeinhalbso!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X