• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

More than you.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

+1
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

?
        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

the serious discussion was only half serious and ended 2 pages ago...

could we lock this?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

200+ years of American legal doctrine on the meaning of voluntary consent would tend to disagree that it's a separate issue, especially in labor agreements.

The other side of that coin is the whole question of legal capacity to consent, as it appears a fair number of the bumfights "stars" lacked that capacity due to medication, intoxication, mental impairment, and/or all of the above.
            I meant the burden of medical care, not the party's medical condition, to clarify. While it does appear that some of them lack capacity, the instances where that is, indeed, the case can be dealt with on their own, without jettisoning the entire enterprise. Likewise, if you want to require medical care provisions to be part of the agreement, it can be done without declaring the whole shooting match out of bounds. Voluntary consent is perfectly viable for activities that carry risk of injury. Along the same lines as the other two contentions, cases where the bum is asked to do something he can't legally consent to can be handled under existing law.
            Last edited by Solomwi; April 5, 2007, 18:15.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
            X