No announcement yet.

Do you live in a coastal city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even close. I spent the first 34 years of my life near the ocean but no live in a semi-arid part of Alberta.

WE have some infrequent little lakes and ponds and some large streams that they call rivers and thats about it
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

yeah. my appartment is about 500 meters from shore.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

after the next big quake, yes
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

The thames ceases to be a tidal river not far from my house, so Im guessing thats a yes
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            We have lake mead not too far away. good enough.

Water is overrated.
            Lake Tahoe > Lake Mead
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

How important is the river estuary?

I'm in Los Angeles. We have a thriving port, right next to the thirving port of Long Beach. But the L.A. River is usually either dry or no more than a toxic trickle.

Comment

the river doesnt matter, I just mean that a city may not be exactly on the sea, but it if it in a river estuary I count it as coastal city
                I need a foot massage

Comment

But London isn't in a river estuary.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by RobWorham
                    Auckland, it's on two coasts at the same time!!!

Double the beaches, double the fun!!!
                    Full of JAFAs though. That's not a race thing, in case anyone's wondering, it's an Aucklander thing. Although a lot of us DO consider Auckland to not REALLY be part of NZ.

I'm not on the coast! It's still so novel to me - I went from an island nation to a landlocked nation.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Isnt the port of london on the thames estuary?
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Auckland, it's on two coasts at the same time!!!
                        That's one of my favorite tactics in Civ. I build a city on an isthmus, and then it'll serve as a canal between the two oceans.

Comment

30 km inland, so it's not a coastal city. It's not even on a estuary but on the end of a huge canal. It's the biggest port in the world though (although Shanghai and Singapore rival that position, it depends a bit on the definitions to use)
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

That's one of my favorite tactics in Civ. I build a city on an isthmus, and then it'll serve as a canal between the two oceans.
                            In smax you can go further of course and raise land to encircle some ocean. Then you have multiple cities which are ports but which cannot be attacked form the sea as long as you control the canal
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                              Isnt the port of london on the thames estuary?
                              Just Thames river, no? If London is coastal, so is Antwerp.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

No.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X