No announcement yet.

Do you live in a coastal city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm living in an island city-state. Nobody lives in a more coastal town than I do.
    I beg to differ, I belive that title lies with the Pitcairn Island. Population of 45 and the whole thing is 5 square km.

When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

yes. used to live about 200 yards from the beach, now it's about 2 miles, love the coast.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Cologne

Düsseldorf

Potsdam

Freiburg

Comment

Originally posted by ískallin

I beg to differ, I belive that title lies with the Pitcairn Island. Population of 45 and the whole thing is 5 square km.

Nah. That means Pitcairn has 9 people per square mile. Singapore's got 15,000 people per square mile.

If you're going to call me on it that way, Hong Kong is the obvious way to go -- 32 sq. miles, about 7 million people.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Rufus, are you aware that the entire baltic coast of today's Poland was once German?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              Rufus, are you aware that the entire baltic coast of today's Poland was once German?
              yes. what on earth does that have to do with my posts about island cities?
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Nothing, sorry

Comment

Malbork
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Montreal!
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I live in London which is almost on an estuary, and come from Hull which is definitely on an estuary. Neither are coastal per se though...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Errr...no.

Duluth is the world's "most inland" port, being further from the sea than any other.

Montreal handles much more traffic than Duluth does, AFAIK
                          Doh!

Comment

Working...
                          X