Do you live in a coastal city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you live in a coastal city?

By Coastal city I mean all cities on the coast, and also cities with important ports in their river estuaries, like London, Buenos Aires, Lisbon etc...

I am curious to see what % of the apolyton population live on the sea.

And what do you prefer, to live in a city on the coast or to live inland?

You know, Madrid vs Barcelona, Mumbay vs Delhi, St Petersburg vs Moscow etc...
    Yes, I live in a coastal city
    52.46%
    No, I dont live in a coastal city
    45.90%
    All I care about is living close to where bananas grow
    1.64%
    I need a foot massage

i live in florida... but im in the middle of the state... so no coast for me

i like it here also, and do not want to live anywhere else...
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

if by coastal you mean in the middle of a huge friggin' desert, then yes.

everyone knows I live in the middle of the mojave desert (technically not the middle- just a fos).

Comment

Yes I do.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yep, though the term a city couldnt be used for either of my homes:
          Vopnafjörður, Iceland population 626
          Hawera, New Zealand population 8000
          When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

8.000 people is a city imo, anyway, it doesnt matter if it is only a small town.
            I need a foot massage

Comment

It's all about living on the coast.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Do you live in a coastal city?

Originally posted by Barnabas
                By Coastal city I mean all cities on the coast, and also cities with important ports in their river estuaries, like London, Buenos Aires, Lisbon etc...
                Not sure if Antwerp would fit in your definition. The port technically isn't in the estuary but it's nearby and it's a large seaport never the less.

The Belgian equivalent of Madrid vs Barcelona would be Brussels vs Antwerp. No prizes for guessing which I prefer.

A city needs a large body of water to feel complete.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yes I do.
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

We have lake mead not too far away. good enough.

Water is overrated.

Comment

I live ~1 meter above sea level ~50 m from a branch of the Chesapeake. The port of Baltimore was the second most important in the United States (after New York) for most of its history, though it has since been surpassed by a number of other ports.

I grew up in a city on the Saint Lawrence river, not technically in its estuarial waters (which begin at Quebec City ~200 km downriver). However, Montreal was still the largest port in Canada until quite recently, and remains the largest inland port in the world. The Saint Lawrence Seaway begins at Montreal and ends at the west end of Lake Erie (near Detroit) some 800 km away
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Argh, now I have "Smooth Operator" in my head... which does have the retarded line "Coast to coast, L.A. to Chicago"...

Comment

Montreal!
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Edinburgh's kinda coastal. No river though.

Comment

I live on the coast

Not a sea coast though

But a lake coast

And i live about ... 100m or so from the beach
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X