The last Harry Potter book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last Harry Potter book.

I've just finished rereading the first six Harry Potter books and I must say I can't wait until July when the final book in the series is released. Supposedly the final book and the 5th movie will both be released on the same day thus maximizing the return on advertising dollars. That sounds like smart marketing to me.

So any way, what do you folks think will happen in the final book? Voldimort will be defeated, of course, but what else? Will Harry or one of the other main characters die? It seems like Rowlings likes to periodically kill off a character in order to make sure people know how evil the bad guys are but the series is starting to run low on supporting characters to kill off.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Oh boy hairy pottah. What a jolly good book series. Almost as good as the Tellytubby novelization I'm reading.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The gay cowboy is showing how manly he is by whining about a book series? Leave off. It's an entertaining book series which many people here enjoy; if you don't then kindly ignore this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Oh boy hairy pottah. What a jolly good book series. Almost as good as the Tellytubby novelization I'm reading.

I thought Mr. Weasley would get snuffed in the last book. He made it through that book, but he won't survive this one.

Some kids from Slytherin have to be taken out too.

Longbottom will again prove to be a hero.

...and maybe, just maybe, we'll find out why Hermione is not in Raven Claw with the rest of the studious kids.

Comment

Harry will die since he's a horcrux of Voldemort...
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              The gay cowboy is showing how manly he is by whining about a book series? Leave off. It's an entertaining book series which many people here enjoy; if you don't then kindly ignore this thread.
              Club thread!
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Club the gay cowboy?!

I also think Dumbledor might have had a horcrux, which would be interesting, since you have to kill someone to make them. Ah, who am I kidding I just want a good guy to come back to life if the bad guys get to do it.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                  Harry will die since he's a horcrux of Voldemort...
                  Not likely. The bond between them was formed accidentally, when Voldemort got hit with his own curse. And it was formed in an attempt to kill Harry as well--it doesn't make much sense to encase a chunk of your soul in something right before destroying it. Plus Dumbledore specifically said that all of the horcruxes have to be destroyed before Voldemort himself can be killed. Considering the fact that Harry's supposed to be the only one capable of finishing LV off, that would make him essentially invincible, no?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Draco will be the one to defeat Voldemort.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Harry, Voldemort, and Hagrid will all definitely die.

Probably at least one Weasley and Snape as well.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

the series is starting to run low on supporting characters to kill off.
                        Then theirs only one character left to kill
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Harry Potter will become the youngest headmaster of Hogwarts setting the stage for Harry Potter 2.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

harry should die after going out with ginny and killing voldy, ron & hermione should hook up, then draco should marry me.

Comment

Supposedly the final book and the 5th movie will both be released on the same day thus maximizing the return on advertising dollars.

Er... no it won't. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be released July 21, 2007, while the movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is scheduled to be released on July 13, 2007 (which is, btw, a Friday the 13th).

So about a week apart. This'd be to allow people to stay up for both events, rather than pick one if they were both on the same day.

And before you ask, yes, I'm scheduled with a group of friends to stay up (not really staying up for me since I usually go to bed well after midnight on the weekends) for both the movie and the book release.

Someone close will probably die (maybe even Ron or Hermione), and perhaps even Harry will be revealed as the final horcrux. However, I put nothing past Rowling in surprise endings, so we'll see .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X