Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b etor

yaaafdasob.
    No, I'm not. Oh wait, you're a Fed. You know that I am.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes, you are. And NO, stfu I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        The UK Adult version is the best... it's just a big locket.
        Yeah, that one's absolutely gorgeous. I hope I can get my hands on that one, last time all I could find over here was the UK children's edition -- which for HBP wasn't bad at all (in fact I liked it better than the adult version) but this one just looks silly to me. Lots of interesting hints about the storyline on it though...

However that pic's only shows the front cover, the entire jacket is here (not posting it in the thread because the image is very wide). Very high res version here.

Anyone else think the castle on the back might be Durmstrang, not Hogwarts? It doesn't seem likely to me that the treasure is Harry's own vault at Gringotts, but it's entirely possible that they're breaking into someone else's (all this talk of Gringotts' tight security must be going somewhere...)
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Anyone else think the castle on the back might be Durmstrang, not Hogwarts? It doesn't seem likely to me that the treasure is Harry's own vault at Gringotts, but it's entirely possible that they're breaking into someone else's (all this talk of Gringotts' tight security must be going somewhere...)

Comment

I just hope I can get the adult version. The other one is just.... weird.

Comment

Do we know what the American cover will look like?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I found the US cover. It looks a lot better then the UK cover.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's the back cover.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Much better indeed.

Comment

Is he dead yet ?
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I can explain the British cover. J.K. is laughing at all of us while her characters are "Rowling" in the dough. The pages inside could all be blank and a million copies would still sell.
                        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

That arch behind the main characters on the UK cover... Do you think it is the arch which leads to the land of the dead? I'm talking about the arch that was in the Order of the Phoenix in the Department of Mysteries which the body of Sirius Black fell through.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            That arch behind the main characters on the UK cover... Do you think it is the arch which leads to the land of the dead? I'm talking about the arch that was in the Order of the Phoenix in the Department of Mysteries which the body of Sirius Black fell through.
                            That evil arch didn't kill Sirius at all! It popped him out in... Gringotts?

And I think Harry's long-neglected wealth has been saved from the 1st book to be a plot device. Seriously, when has his money even been mentioned since "Philosopher's Stone?"
                            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

The other obvious thing is that Sirius Black's younger brother Regalus is the one who took the horicrux which Harry and Dubledore tried to get in book six. The initials were R(something)B. Regalus Black is the only character I can think of which has RB for initials.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                                The other obvious thing is that Sirius Black's younger brother Regalus is the one who took the horicrux which Harry and Dubledore tried to get in book six. The initials were R(something)B. Regalus Black is the only character I can think of which has RB for initials.
                                RAB if I remember correctly. I also came to that conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X